• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surfing ropeless

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was finally able to drop the rope when surfing... not very long but was happy to be able to do it. Thank you everyone who gave me pointers when I asked before! Wave doesn't look the best from the camera angle and was pretty rough out, but last summer weekend before school you have to take advantage!

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It was very rough... prob the last weekend we'll be on the lake this year and do some river boating rest of the way so I wanted to take advantage... plus I finally gave in and got another ballast bag for the swim platform. I was trying to avoid that and it made all the difference in the world... should have done it before...

AJR1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On my 212x we have a wake wedge, full stock ballast, about 850lbs on the swim deck and about 4 people onboard... We can go ropeless within seconds of getting up.
But without the wedge and the fat sack on the swim deck we simply didn't have enough push to make it possible.

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's what what I found out... I got a 1180# bag under port seat, 400# under starboard and 750# in center locker... wave always looked nice but didn't have enough push until I added the 750# bag on the back. Over the winter I am going to add more pumps and vent the bags takes so long to fill using the stock pump and timer... also need to find a better way to tie the bag off on the platform... almost lost it once and couldn't get it super full when I got it tied off... trial and error next time.

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This was the first time I was able to even get any slack in the rope... some of that I think is I am still learning first summer surfing

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We do great with an extra 1100 lb of ballast but would always like better more consistent wake.