• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SURFING without rope...Finally (16 212x)

Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X)

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok Jet drivers I finally got the thrusties figured out and am able to surf forever behind the boat...WITHOUT THE ROPE!!!! Here is my setup: I weigh 185, 2016 212x, I removed my Thrust Vectors, I added the Gatlin wake wedge at about 10 to 12 degrees, 800 lb Eight.3 sac in Port seat, 400 lb Eight.3 sac on top swim platform (dead center). Stock bags full. Two small kids and my wife. We guess the best speed is 9.8 MPH. I just bought a Hyperlite landlock (a great board by the way...although fin screws are a pain)

Caution: Be careful letting your significant other drive the boat again without the Thrust Vectors. We had a trailering "go-around" that almost ended in disaster. I will post youtube video as soon as I get it up.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok Jet drivers I finally got the thrusties figured out and am able to surf forever behind the boat...WITHOUT THE ROPE!!!! Here is my setup: I weigh 185, 2016 212x, I removed my Thrust Vectors, I added the Gatlin wake wedge at about 10 to 12 degrees, 800 lb Eight.3 sac in Port seat, 400 lb Eight.3 sac on top swim platform (dead center). Stock bags full. Two small kids and my wife. We guess the best speed is 9.8 MPH. I just bought a Hyperlite landlock (a great board by the way...although fin screws are a pain)

Caution: Be careful letting your significant other drive the boat again without the Thrust Vectors. We had a trailering "go-around" that almost ended in disaster. I will post youtube video as soon as I get it up.
Why did you need to remove the TVs? Was it because of the spray and increased whitewash?

EDIT: Never mind, the wake wedge.
You could still do the Cobra AKs w/extra rod, and have the wedge, rigtht?

--

Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X)

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I used the wedge and the TVs last week and noticed that they we scatching up against the bolts that hold the wedge bracket to the rear ladder. I don't believe they are a problem at low speed but they are for sure hitting the bracket at high speed (with the wedge removed). I think this is a TV problem for this boat period. I think they could be binding on the ladder all the time for higher speed tight turns. I enjoy driving the boat without them and there seems to be a lot less spray at low speed without them. I got them so my wife could comfortably trailer/dock the boat. I love both products, just wish they worked together on this model boat. Both customer services were excellent. I had a hard time getting on of the TVs screws because of too much lock tight and the paint came off too. They sent me a replacement rod and screws right away. On a side note I absolutely love this boat...nothing but smiles all the time for my family and I.

Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X)

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I didn't know the cobra jet steering existed until just now. Can you lock them in the down position?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whats the total pounds of ballast? 800+ 400 + stock = ?

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet !! Surfing is fun !!

Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X)

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't fill everthing up all the way....I am too scard and I'll be over weight.

Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X)

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not very graceful...but a great day for this Jet Driver....

Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, you look a bit tense yet. But with practice you will become more and more relaxed out there. The wave looks good.
The audio on the video sounded like your boat has a radial airplane engine.
Where are you boating?

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have the same boat, cobra fins and wakewedge, so I plan on adding more weight in the spring..
Thanks for your info!

Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X)

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
First couple of events this season. We were tubing with the rope on the low mount on the swim platform and got the rope sucked in the intake. Luckily I had my razor knife on board and could cut us loose. Second, I was trying to wakeboard and got the rope stuck on the board rack...It sheared right off. Its at the bottom of the lake now. It only in 12 feet...I thought about renting scuba gear to retrieve it....Not so much luck for our first weekend. I did get up without the rope to surf though.

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Pisgah Pilot (2016 212X) - this is big news for me. I have been struggling with bag placement with my 2017 212X in an attempt to go rope-less.

By the way, I had TV's.... then removed them when I installed the wake wedge. I now have the Cobra Magnum AKs that remain in the down position and they work great!!!
I plan to attempt a recreation of your bag setup this weekend and will report the results.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you saying the board rack sheered right off???? :jawdrop::nailbiting::eek:
I noticed that, too... I'll be darned, would not think this could happen. Maybe those allen bolts got loose?

--

Blenderhead

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*