• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SVHO intercooler swap results

Chuckbig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Today was my first time out this season. Over the winter I swapped intercooler son my SX192. This is my only engine mod to date, and I am pleased with the results so far. Topped out at 50 on the dash (48 gps) and never lost power due to heat soak. Albeit, the water temps are low and it's not exactly warm out and yet still I was solo, but it was a good run. I'm hitting my limiter, so I think my next move will be an impeller job. I have no reason to do a ribbon delete at this time, due to her current performance. I will say, that the trusty butt dyno told me that my out of the hole shots were way faster with the adjusted airflow. IMG_7546.JPG IMG_7552.PNG

HybridSS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Thats great. I recently did the same mod plus ribbon delete and saw 49. I was at 43 prior to that. The SVHO intercooler is a no brainer IMO.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll get my results up hopefully soon. I can't get to my boat for two more weeks (Sad face) unfortunately. With just me on board I can usually get damned close to 50 (on the speedo). I don't really care that much if I get any faster, but I really hope this helps the pulls out of the water after I've been running for a few hours loaded with people.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll get my results up hopefully soon. I can't get to my boat for two more weeks (Sad face) unfortunately. With just me on board I can usually get damned close to 50 (on the speedo). I don't really care that much if I get any faster, but I really hope this helps the pulls out of the water after I've been running for a few hours loaded with people.
The boat will feel stronger at any range and you will be able to maintain your top speed all day regardless of temps. When stock you may hit top speed at first but once heat soak sets in within a few minutes or miles your speed and performance begins to tank. Swap will take care of that. :thumbsup:

Gerardo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I have an SVHO intercooler for sale if anyone is interested.