• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swap bench for Chair on AR195

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello everyone. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a complete driver's side captain's chair and pedestal to replace the bench on my 2019 AR195. I believe I have read on here that there is a metal plate under the port side so hopefully, I can drill and tap to mount it. I will post results.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello everyone. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a complete driver's side captain's chair and pedestal to replace the bench on my 2019 AR195. I believe I have read on here that there is a metal plate under the port side so hopefully, I can drill and tap to mount it. I will post results.
That's what I've heard too - the hulls are the same from SX - AR so it's just a matter of using the right parts to plug in. We pondered buying an AR series boat but the bench seat was a show stopper, and thought about buying a a chair to replace it. Then Yamaha came out with the 195s with 2 chairs...nice timing for us.
:thumbsup:

Tigger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let us know how it works out. I’ve pondered doing the same thing.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello Everyone. Here is the update. Probably the easiest mod that I have ever done on this boat. Definitely the most expensive. lol The whole job took me approximately 45 minutes and that was taking my time. The good news is, there is definitely metal under the fiberglass. I think the worst part was cutting the carpet. Here are some pictures as promised. The last picture, I used a black marker to simulate the trim that is on the carpet.

Attachments

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What did the chair run you?

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you @Gunner. The chair, slider, pedestal (mount) and all Yamaha bolts (just to make life easier) cost me $798.00 from Babbits Online with shipping and tax. I had a discount coupon so basically tax and shipping was free. It is expensive but I already like it better.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Looks great man! I bought the 195S as the wife wanted her own chair! If Yamaha is listening, it would have been great if they left the standard AR setup on the fiberglass on the 195S so that I could buy the lounge cushion as an option. Flexibility is nice, you have the best of both worlds in my opinion.

Ismel7981

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you @Gunner. The chair, slider, pedestal (mount) and all Yamaha bolts (just to make life easier) cost me $798.00 from Babbits Online with shipping and tax. I had a discount coupon so basically tax and shipping was free. It is expensive but I already like it better.

I’m looking to do the opposite, what did you do with the bench? I have a 2020 SX195 with seat and want a bench.

Wake_Dude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Looks factory! Nice work! I'd love to do the same to my boat eventually. Just wish there was a bench that could be added behind the driver's seat also. I hate that little area where the table mounts. Would love to have seating there in conjunction with the chair mod.

Salty Nutz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Everyone. Here is the update. Probably the easiest mod that I have ever done on this boat. Definitely the most expensive. lol The whole job took me approximately 45 minutes and that was taking my time. The good news is, there is definitely metal under the fiberglass. I think the worst part was cutting the carpet. Here are some pictures as promised. The last picture, I used a black marker to simulate the trim that is on the carpet.
Is there enough room for the captain chair that you installed to turn 180 degrees? I have one on order for my 19 AR and I want to be certain that the chair can spin and line up with the seating behind the chair

Last edited:

Ismel7981

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes mine completely turns around front to back on the right.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This makes me want to get the new style chairs for my 2017. Wife has been wanting a passenger side seat (i prefer the bench myself), and I don't like the armrest on the drivers seat anyway. Be an expensive mod though.

Salty Nutz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes mine completely turns around front to back on the right.
Thanks for the reply. This is an expensive mod, and when you live in Canada its that much more. Don’t mean to be a pain, but do you happen to have a picture of the seat turned 180? Also with the padding on both the wall and glove box, does the seat hit them as you are trying to turn?

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
To spin the chair around 180, I have to move it forward a little bit. I am not able to leave it in it's most rear position or it will hit the padding on the side. Other then that, I have no complainants. I think the boat looks better with the chair. Also much better ride with the support of the chair instead of the bench and the passenger twisted.

Salty Nutz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To spin the chair around 180, I have to move it forward a little bit. I am not able to leave it in it's most rear position or it will hit the padding on the side. Other then that, I have no complainants. I think the boat looks better with the chair. Also much better ride with the support of the chair instead of the bench and the passenger twisted.
I have to do the same to get my captain chair (stock chair) to get it to spin 180. Would to see a picture of the chair in the 180 position if you got one

Salty Nutz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the chair on order, but my dealer is saying that Yamaha Canada has them on back order. Still waiting on a ETA date.

Brazetd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for the information on adding the companion seat. I plan to do the same. A couple of questions:
1. How did you position the new seat?
2. The deck does have metal underneath it?
3. For the holes in the deck how did you size the drill bit?
4. Are the countersunk screws self-tapping?
5. Any other tips would be helpful.

Thanks

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey, sorry for the delay, I have been really busy workwise. There is a metal plate under the deck. I basically measured the driver's seat and centered the passenger one based on the measurements. I then drilled into the deck and used a tap to make the threads into the plate based on the provided bolts that I ordered when I ordered the seat. It's been a while so I don't recall the actual size at this time. It was really an easy job. (just expensive). lol