• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swim Deck radio

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just woindering if anyone has changed out the swim deck polk raido on the newer boat with another brand? Mine keeps rusting out. Juat had it replaced lasy year before Bimini but now the knob is about rusted out again. I know JL makes a radio but not sure about hooking it up to the conex
20161210_135615.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I would imagine it is pretty straight forward. Can you take it out to snap a picture of the wiring?

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would imagine it is pretty straight forward. Can you take it out to snap a picture of the wiring?
Yea it aint that easy to take out. I know head unit we seeis just a part of it. There is a brain some where in the boat

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe the swim platform radio is actually the head unit in Connext boats. It is not just a remote controller like in pre-Connext models.
@Mainah would know for sure.

--

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had the corrosion issue and had the remote replaced under warranty. I had my boat out in salt water about 10 times and never for more than 24 hours. I always dumped in back in a deep fresh water lake immediately after pulling her out and ran her around for a bit to rinse everything off. My guess is that the salt got trapped behind the knob. When I got the remote replaced I used a q tip to apply marine grease behind the knob but have not been in salt water since to know how well that will work.

The head unit on connext boats is kind of like a split face unit in a car. The actual head unit is behind the helm and face is on the swim deck. Connext screen is more like a steering wheel remote if that helps think about how it all works. Unless the connection and network protocol is the same a JL remote would not work. Polk has an app that allows you to control the head unit over Bluetooth if that helps.

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Polk has a waterproof version (vs the water resistant version in our boats) - does anyone know if this could be a drop in replacement? (My unit keeps fogging up)