• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

swim deck shower wont fill

JRoth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello all.

I have a 2020 242s and was attempting to fill the swim deck shower tank for the first time today. All i get is water spraying out from around the fitting where the hose attaches and no water entering the tank. Is there a valve that i am unaware of? Is my fitting broken? Ive tried with shower on and off. With head spraying and not spraying. Im at a loss now.

JRoth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I should add that the tank is only around 1/3 full. And nothing comes out of the overflow while attempting to fill.

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are you threading your garden hose onto the fill port adapter? It screws on.

JRoth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, but the adapter has alot of "wiggle" in it. Thats why im not sure if maybe the adapter is the issue.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
could the vent be clogged and the tank be building pressure?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Try locking the shower head in the open position while filling the tank in case the vent is blocked and causing a vacuum problem. When the tank is full water will start coming out of the small vent on the side near the bilge outlet and cooling spouts/pissers (at least that is what happens on my 2010 242 LS).

JRoth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I did try with the shower spout on. Same result. I had thought about maybe the vent clogged. Will try to see if i can check it out.