• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Switch labels - left/right or port/starboard

Switch Labels?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here's one just for fun. I'm installing my ballast system and I'm ordering rocker switches and covers. I'll have a ballast bag under both rear seats, one in the ski locker, and then an "auxiliary" pump, with a quick connection hose for the swim deck bag, like others have done. So the question is for switch labels. Left, center, right, aux? Or Port, bow, starboard, aft? Or something else?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I did left, front, right for simplicity. The other switch was my quick attach for the transom bag.

Tms1224

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
As much as I like the left/right idea I think I would go more traditional starboard/port.. for me it would just help build some habit in seeing and using those terms.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As much as I like the left/right idea I think I would go more traditional starboard/port.. for me it would just help build some habit in seeing and using those terms.
Everyone knows left and right...... not everyone knows port and starboard. You ever had a blown fitting due to someone looking for the switch?

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Everyone knows left and right...... not everyone knows port and starboard. You ever had a blown fitting due to someone looking for the switch?
Very good point.

Tms1224

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Well said! I'm a noob so have yet to experience that one.. probably why I need all the help I can get with the proper boating terminology .