• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Switched from State Farm to BoatUS insurance today...

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saved over 30% on both policies with more coverages...

Does that make Bimini a possibility?

Do you have 2 boats?

Yes, 2010 Yamaha 242 LS, and a 2012 Blue Wave 1902 Evolution Bay Boat.

BoatUS was the best price I could find.

BoatUS was quite a bit more expensive than Allstate for me. But I know that varying circumstances and locations will determine which company offers the best rates.

Last year BoatUS was more.. I got an email today that said check your quotes for your state for lower rates... Sure enough it was low enough I basically paid the insurance on my bay boat with the savings off both boats from state farm. Both before were $1500, total on both with BoatUS/Geico was $900 with more coverages.

And thats with agreed value and some platinumcoverage package, $38k on the Yamaha and $27k on the Blue Wave.

I could have saved another $300 by going with ACV on both boats. But couldnt get the platinum package...

Nice !
I will have to get some quotes to see if I can save a few $$$

For comparison I pay Allstate $344 a year with $25k ACV on the boat and equipment and $1,400 coverage for the trailer. The best part is the coverage extends 100 miles off shore.

For comparison I pay Allstate $344 a year with $25k ACV on the boat and equipment and $1,400 coverage for the trailer. The best part is the coverage extends 100 miles off shore.
I have a nice policy with all state too for right around that $350 mark!

I pay $400 per year to boat u.s. For extensive coverage including agree to value and up to $5k in personal effects coverage which I got for $25 to $50 more by getting angler/fisherman coverage without it coverage is limited to $1,500 I think I at this point wouldn't even cover the cost of the life vests on board.

i am very happy with boat u.s., almost 10 years ago they covered the theft of my boat and trailer without issue and the only reason I left them for a while is because they wouldn't renew my policy immediately afterwards. When they invited me back a few years later I jumped at the chance.

On a final note if your policy excludes tow and trailer service consider buying it from boat u.s./tow boat u.s., annual policy's start at $60. If you only make one claim in 10 years you are almost sure to come out a head financially. Twice now for me tow boat u.s. Showed up when AAA would not. If you don't have coverage and need to be towed in even for a few miles forget about paying cash (unless you commonly carry a lot of it on the water) you are going to need a credit card. Same is true for towing a boat on land. When my trailer brakes failed they towed it and the boat home 30 miles on a flat bed for $0, the tow truck driver didn't know I was covered at first and tried to hand me a bill for $400 ish. It's like aaa roadside service in that you don't need to be insured by them to by the roadside / tow boat coverage.

Back