• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 195 break in.

Rob2336

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took my boat out for the first time this afternoon. Spent about 10 mins in the no wake mode getting out onto the river, than cruises around st like 4500 rpms for an hour and a half. The river here can be dangerously shallow out of nowhere, so I spent that time trying to learn the channel. After that hour and a half I spent about half an hour stretching her legs and she is a lot of fun. It's my first boat so I'm still learning a lot. The guys at the dockside bar got a good view watching me fight the current and the wind putting her back on the trailer, but I got her on without damaging anything.

Attachments

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like a good day as we have all been there while attempting to trailer in the wind and strong current. Welcome!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to hear you had a good day, update your profile with your location so we know where you're boating,

Rob2336

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a good time, I intend to get out there as much as possible, so I can learn the river and get better at operating it before summertime. The place gets packed and wild during the summer.

Phreddei

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Consider VeVe guides on trailer. They help loading, unloading boat in wind and currents.

Rob2336

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Consider VeVe guides on trailer. They help loading, unloading boat in wind and currents.
Yeah I already ordered some, they're supposed to be here today.

Rob2336

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took the boat back out today, and I took the wife and girls with me. The Ve Ve guide ons did the trick for loading it back up. We're about a month away from it being hot enough for swimming.

Attachments

jim r wisco

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cruised that neck of the woods back in 93 to 95'. Had a blast on the sand bars via rental boats from MWR. MAWTS-1 was my unit, cruising the river via UH-1N or 46' is better. Hug the corners! More pics!

Andy Orton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took my boat out for the first time this afternoon. Spent about 10 mins in the no wake mode getting out onto the river, than cruises around st like 4500 rpms for an hour and a half. The river here can be dangerously shallow out of nowhere, so I spent that time trying to learn the channel. After that hour and a half I spent about half an hour stretching her legs and she is a lot of fun. It's my first boat so I'm still learning a lot. The guys at the dockside bar got a good view watching me fight the current and the wind putting her back on the trailer, but I got her on without damaging anything.
Congratulations! Your post took me back, As a guy from southern California, we always referred to the Colorado river simply as "the river". Until I lived in Northern California, it never really dawned on me that its really the only river with water in it anywhere nearby. I still tried to refer to it as "the river" in conversations only to get the question, which river? LOL! Now I'm in Florida and people say, you would boat on a river? why would you do that?

Awesome boat man!

-Andy

Rob2336

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Added the CAI today and got my transducer working. The lowrance hook has a special way to get the transducer working, I stumbled upon it today.

Attachments