• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX190 Check Engine Light

Butch Casido

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello there can anyone help me out with this yamaha trouble code 203 (52 1110) ? The check engine light turned on & upon checking that code showed. Thanks

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello there can anyone help me out with this yamaha trouble code 203 (52 1110) ? The check engine light turned on & upon checking that code showed. Thanks
I think this is an O2 sensor... But those are only used in CARB boats (California emissions w/catalytic converters). Your boat must be CARB? Part 30.

upload_2016-12-1_19-39-16.png

Butch Casido

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think this is an O2 sensor... But those are only used in CARB boats (California emissions w/catalytic converters). Your boat must be CARB? Part 30.

View attachment 48942
Thanks a lot for the input! I got the boat from a dealer in CA. So the 203 (52 1110) error is for the O2 sensor right? :) It says that there are 2 O2 sensors needed but on the diagram there's only 1. I'm confused.

Last edited:

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not for sure, but would guess you have 2 O2 sensors, one would be "pre" cat converter and one "post" cat converter. Again, that's how automobiles are set-up, guessing same on boats. The "pre" helps adjust fuel trim while "post" would compare readings to "pre" to ensure cat converter is working properly.

Butch Casido

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. I already saw the two O2 sensors & you're right one is "pre" cat & the other one (post) is at the rear. The pre cat is the busted one.

Butch Casido

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
changed the broken sensor but check engine light is still up. gauge diagnostics does not work anymore. any input will be a lot of help. thanks

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Error code 203 is listed as secondary O2 sensor in Yamaha Error codes chart. My guess is that would be post CAT. Given that you indicated that you found one that is broken do you have all of the broken pieces? It can also take just a bit of running time or a number of engine cycles (off/on) for some codes like that to clear.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not sure if our ECU's log codes or remember them but it might be worth a shot to disconnect the battery for a little while and then reconnect to see if the code goes away now that you've put in a new sensor.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm not sure if our ECU's log codes or remember them but it might be worth a shot to disconnect the battery for a little while and then reconnect to see if the code goes away now that you've put in a new sensor.
Shutting off the battery switches essentially does the same thing. Some codes are persistent until the ECU gets a good reading. Some codes are also logged in the history which can be read by YDIS.

Butch Casido

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After changing the broken O2 sensor, the gauge just shows "check engine". I can't access the gauge diagnostics anymore. The battery wires are always disconnected & on the battery maintainer. I've been seeing a lot of YDIS ads but they are not compatible with the 2015 SX190. Where can I possibly purchase one that will be compatible with my boat? Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For newer boats I think you are stuck taking it to the dealer.

Butch Casido

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Error Code gone! No more check engine warning. Thanks for the input & tip guys :)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What fixed the issue for you?

cgalbee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Butch, I have a similar problem. 2013 California boat. I just got the check engine light this weekend with 203 (52 1109) trouble code. It's on digit off from yours... thinking maybe post cat? When you replaced the sensor, how did you finally clear the check engine warning... battery disconnect or just time?

Stephen watford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So, i went out on the water today and shortly after launching received the check engine alarm on the starboard engine. I scrolled through the gauge and got error code 203 (52 1110). I have a 2013 242 with 45 hrs on both engines. Based on what I'm reading, this is a code for oxygen sensor. I'd like to see if i could get clarification if it is the pre or the post oxygen sensor? Have one on order and want to make sure i replace the correct one.....still perplexed on why this went bad and hoping the rest don't follow.