• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX190 ropeless surfin’

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally able to go 2mins plus, still not a huge pocket but it’s fun enough for this weekend warrior. Setup, two 260lbs rolls one upper and one lower stern platform, 1 Yamaha cube surf side , 1 Yamaha cube in bow. Wakebooster Surf Side.
40298C67-2D89-44AF-8547-3E20E746EB1E.jpeg

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This one shows he useful pocket to move forward, pretty cool

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here’s a picture to see the 260lb fat sac roll, the upper platform one, I have a second on lower. So about 675lbs platform, kind of like the gatlin/fast sac bag plus one cube 155lbs in the bow. Humans ballast only 2 people (daughter 100, wife undisclosed ~115). Boat was able to get up to speed very well. Cruised between 10-11.

So Yamaha package plus these… is what I have
6A8A397B-F67F-42CF-915E-93842D009526.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Maccam26 What are you using for speed control? Ridesteady? Perfect Pass? Right hand of God?

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Right hand of God is right (my wife), I tell her to go to 10mph on the speedo. Then I point up or down so she can hit the cruise button to adjust about where i need it ( I can feel and see what the wave is doing at every up or down hit) and have her keep straight ahead in our lake so the speed doesn't vary during turns. It's not perfect but it beats not surfing. Someday it's going to be ridesteady or wake boat :)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right hand of God is right (my wife), I tell her to go to 10mph on the speedo. Then I point up or down so she can hit the cruise button to adjust about where i need it ( I can feel and see what the wave is doing at every up or down hit) and have her keep straight ahead in our lake so the speed doesn't vary during turns. It's not perfect but it beats not surfing. Someday it's going to be ridesteady or wake boat :)
Love it. My wife is currently our expert speed controller as well. Also hoping to get RideSteady in the group buy this coming Jan (assuming they do it again.... @Ridesteady might confirm if that is going to happen?!?!?!?!)

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love it. My wife is currently our expert speed controller as well. Also hoping to get RideSteady in the group buy this coming Jan (assuming they do it again.... @Ridesteady might confirm if that is going to happen?!?!?!?!)
I believe it will, probably in January. You can "watch" (follow) the last (2021) thread at the link below. I will try to remember to update that thread if/when the next group buy begins so it can email you, if you watch it with email notifications.

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was able to go ropeless this last week for the first time as well. 2017 AR190. Didn't get a video of me, but I got one of both my kids going ropless at the same time. I weigh 185lbs and was on a slingshot coaster (couldn't do it on my 5'9" Hyperlite broadcast). Only have one 350lb sack on lower swim deck and about 120lbs of sand bags I put on surf side. I have the ridesteady, and I made a wake booster, but I don't use it because I cant get the boat to surf speed with it on.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was able to go ropeless this last week for the first time as well. 2017 AR190. Didn't get a video of me, but I got one of both my kids going ropless at the same time. I weigh 185lbs and was on a slingshot coaster (couldn't do it on my 5'9" Hyperlite broadcast). Only have one 350lb sack on lower swim deck and about 120lbs of sand bags I put on surf side. I have the ridesteady, and I made a wake booster, but I don't use it because I cant get the boat to surf speed with it on.

Super awesome!!! Congrats nice being able to make the boat as versatile as possible