• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 Problems

Austin1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I took my 2009 SX210 out on the water today for the 3rd time since buying it used from the dealer. I notice as soon as I am leaving the ramp that the port engine rpms slightly jumping around on tach vs the starboard engine rpms steady in one place. I then also notice the check engine light on the port engine gauges. I figure the hiccup could just be some bad fuel so I open it up and the boat runs completely fine. I immediately decide to turn around and head back to shore to be safe because of the check engine light and now the port engine will not go over 6k rpms. It just stops there. While loading the boat I noticed that cooling water was only exiting from one of the two nozzles. Not sure if that is relevant or not. Anybody have any clue what it could be? Its under warranty but the dealer is weeks out and over an hour drive away.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is odd but my first question would be did you back through shallow water and possibly get trash in your pump blocking the water intake. It could also be many things from a bad spark plug to a clogged air filter or leaking fuel injector. So check the pump check the air filter element for oil contamination especially if the dealer serviced the oil before you picked up the boat, so often they overfill the oil and this ruins the air cleaner thus making the engine run really bad and dropping the R P M s so check the oil level have the boat level when you do also see if it smells like gas in the oil. A stuck injector can cause the oil to overfill and foul the air cleaner element also.

Austin1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for all of the help guys. I changed the spark plugs and the problem is fixed. Even though the plugs really didn't look that bad it runs way better now.
I went through and checked air filters and oil levels. I did find an odd powdery substance on the air filters along with some type of caulk material on the air filter lid.

Any ideas what these may be?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Damn smugglers were using the ski and a package broke open. Or maybe not!