• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX230 2005 - engine part identification help. --

arjimenez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello, I am looking for some help identifying this engine part that appears to be passing water into the bilge section.. -- I have reviewed the operators and the service manual but it's not clear what I am looking at ; it would correspond to the part directly under the tag with the 1011362 label ( I have not gotten any matches on the part numbers using this code).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1625143925686.png

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That’s your intermediate bearing leaking. Happens from time to time on our boats and we’ll documented on this forum, just search for it.
it’s a time consuming fix that requires loosening the motor and sliding it forward to complete.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As a temporary measure you can consider adding some grease in the nipple at the end of that rubber hose attached to it, but it will be at best a short lived band aid until you get to execute the repair.

(Some grease, just the bare minimum without adding extra pressure. as soon as the hose feels just a bit more pressurized, you are good. If in doubt, push the nipple check ball by hand/with a pointy tool and wait for any extra grease to be returned)

arjimenez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you all for your prompt response, much appreciate it! Will go for the temporary measure until I dare tackle "sliding a motor"

Best Regards.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The reason they sometimes go bad is because people pump too much grease. So please heed @Beachbummer warning about being careful.