• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX230HO flushing issue

shore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat showed no overheat alarm or lights when ran. I saw outside ports shooting water at speed. I simply noticed steam from the port side when flushing and saw no water from exhaust.

The issue is the port engine on the hose, it does not flush water out the exhaust or the thermostat discharge port in the tunnel(white fitting). These are the large exits in the tunnel. SB engine just flows away out of both large exits.

I've pulled the red hose off the Y-fitting and it flows water albeit a LOT less than what is coming out of the flush attachment on the garden hose. I ran a screwdriver through the y-fitting and it's clear. I've gone further up the line to the oil cooler water line and when I turn on the water, it doesn't burp it out. The water is there but doesn't come out. I pulled that T-fitting off underneath it and it was completely clean.

I also pulled the thermostat and it was open, engine was warm.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hope the engine was running the entire time i had the hose running. If not the water may have been running into the interior of the motor.

shore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hoses where pulled when I was checking water flow. It was indeed a water flow problem just not where I thought. It was the flush attachment port on the boat. It was clogged with a leaf and/or some debris right at the entrance in the check valve. It was restricting flow. Cleaned that out and water flowed strong like the SB engine. Oddly enough, I did hear that fitting hissing yesterday while idling in the water, thought the cap was just loose. Looks like the check valve was hung with that debris. Things we learn.