• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX240 Co-pilot to J-Bench seat swap

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can swap out a co-pilot seat to a J-Bench in a 2013 SX240?
They sell the Double Seat Assembly for $850. Just wondering if it fits into the same post attachment for the Co-pilot seat or if it's a much bigger job.
Thanks!

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny you ask. I just finished the same on my SX195. I can’t imagine it’s any different. I got lucky & found a brand new bench seat with hardware for $250. Now I have the benefit of low clearance, a larger Bimini, and a more open layout. It ALMOST went off without a hitch... I drilled through the fire extinguisher under the console. What a mess!!!

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Funny you ask. I just finished the same on my SX195. I can’t imagine it’s any different. I got lucky & found a brand new bench seat with hardware for $250. Now I have the benefit of low clearance, a larger Bimini, and a more open layout. It ALMOST went off without a hitch... I drilled through the fire extinguisher under the console. What a mess!!!
Nice upgrade as I prefer the bench myself!

Be sure you clean up all of that dry chemical from the extinguisher really good. It is corrosive if it's ABC powder. Do not leave any residual dust on anything electronic or bare metal under there like the radio and wiring.

Last edited:

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great tip. It’s f***ing everywhere. It carried throughout the storage compartments. It’s BC powder. Same effect? Sounds like I’ve got some serious cleaning ahead of me

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great tip. It’s f***ing everywhere. It carried throughout the storage compartments. It’s BC powder. Same effect? Sounds like I’ve got some serious cleaning ahead of me
BC is a Sodium Bicarbonate so it's basically like baking soda. It's far less corrosive than ABC which is acidic since it's made up of mono-ammonium phosphate. Just clean it up good and you should be fine. I carry both a Sodium Bicarbonate and CO2 extinguishers on my boat for those reasons over ABC. If ABC is not cleaned up on any untreated metals it will corrode quickly. You will never find one in an aircraft.

Last edited:

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I guess I was the lucky one. Both of my SX's had the J shaped bench seating.

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aside from my careless drilling it was an easy process. As far as I know there is no difference in the hulls/topsides between the AR & SX. It even has a wood reinforcement molded into the fiberglass where the support pole mount bolts on. Very happy with the results. If only I could find the full carpet piece under the bench without having to buy the whole AR set I’d be golden!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can swap out a co-pilot seat to a J-Bench in a 2013 SX240?
They sell the Double Seat Assembly for $850. Just wondering if it fits into the same post attachment for the Co-pilot seat or if it's a much bigger job.
Thanks!
Yes several people have done it.