• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

sx240 sound upgrade

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ok guys, this is what I have lined up to upgrade my new sx240..
Im not a real experienced audio guy so I will be getting help with the install, does anyone disagree with this lineup?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Not knowing what your budget is or how you like your music, try and stick with JL Audio. I did on my 19 and was very happy. Keep in mind JL and JBL are not the same.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yes, i should've stated, trying to stay under $2000 ( and therefore stay married) this list accomplishes that

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Do you have the SX192 (that was my old boat) or the SX240? With my new boat I went with WetSounds (see sig). Are you looking to replace all the speakers?

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i haven't taken delivery of the 240 yet. yes i want to replace all 4 speakers and add two to the stern

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The SX Is a fun boat to put a stero upgrade in. We don't have the benefit of the week board tower so we have to get creative where we put speakers.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
i haven't taken delivery of the 240 yet. yes i want to replace all 4 speakers and add two to the stern
Congrats on the new boat!!! That's awesome. Nothing like NEW.

Not sure if you really have to upgrade the Fosgate. I have one very similar on my Chaparral. I added the amp to it (RCA hookups) and upgraded the speakers. Very pleased. If your not afraid of using refurbished equipment you could score on some good speakers. Check out Creative Audio. Lots of good stuff there. I've purchased lots from them. No regrets.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Where will you be mounting the sub.....? There may be better choices for the same price range.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
plan on mounting the subs under rear seating, flush mounted.

I'm hearing rumors that you cant plug amps into the fusion head unit and need an adapter? I spoke with Fusion and they gave me a part number to a special order adapter..Im holding off until I get more info on it but what a pain...

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So for those that don't know, this is the part you will need to add subs to the fusion unit.
Part #010-12812-01. Ordered the part from West Marine20190429_132812.jpg

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
What about trying to do the the system upgrade in stages?

Maybe start with 2 pair of the 6.5s, and run one sub all off the JL 6ch. Then eventually add the addition 6.5s, sub, and sub amp. Or even run the stock speakers off the 6ch, and a sub. Possibly with one set of 6.5s...

Yes, the amount spent would exceed your budget, but maybe doing it in 2 stages would allow it.

Good luck deciding and keep us posted on what you decide!!!

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So far I have just replaced the factory speakers. I ended up sticking with my original order above, I am confident it will sound plenty good.
I have also had to track down a remote wire and pin from Fusion as the harness above didn't come with it. Can't believe Yamaha cut off access for this, they should be paying me for all the running around I've had to do just to get started. Fusion tech support was nice enough to send it to me but I had to practically beg and they told me it's ultimately Yamahas problem. My dealer was clueless as to the problem, I've since educated them and they were appreciative.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The Amp turn on is the blue wire on the other harness that has the red power / black-. Also on my '18 242x all on the RCAs on that harness are grafted in to a lager harness and end up under the helm.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So for those that don't know, this is the part you will need to add subs to the fusion unit.
Part #010-12812-01. Ordered the part from West MarineView attachment 93048
I find nothing under this part number....... even on west marine website..... ??????

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
All of the wires are already there you would need to do is tap into them near the amp / add RCAs look at the amp the wires are all labeled.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Added the two 10s and hooked up the amps this weekend! It's loud as hell and clean as can be, couldn't be happier, not sure if I'm going to add the other 6.5s it's not really needed20190524_142006.jpg20190524_141953.jpg20190524_094842.jpg

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you need this? I have two sets of RCAs (front and rear) from the rear of my head unit. I was told to add a Y-split to the RCA and send to the amp to filter.

Part #010-12812-01. Ordered the part from West MarineView attachment 93048

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you need this? I have two sets of RCAs (front and rear) from the rear of my head unit. I was told to add a Y-split to the RCA and send to the amp to filter.
Yes, the rcas are capped in the Fusion head unit at the rear of the boat