• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Synchrony Bank

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone having problems with getting their payment statements on a timely basis? I received my payment statement on the 23rd and the due date is the 4th of March. 9 business days????? This doesn't seem legal, to have that short of a window to get your check in the mail. They don't offer online payment so that's not an option. And, btw, I'm anti-automatic draft kind of guy. kind of a control freak when it comes to my checking account.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone having problems with getting their payment statements on a timely basis? I received my payment statement on the 23rd and the due date is the 4th of March. 9 business days????? This doesn't seem legal, to have that short of a window to get your check in the mail. They don't offer online payment so that's not an option. And, btw, I'm anti-automatic draft kind of guy. kind of a control freak when it comes to my checking account.
You are responsible for paying on time no matter if you get a bill on time or not. I've been in your shoes and ended up taking 12 blank envelopes and making my own bill to send in for payment. Put the stack where you keep your bills and just peel off one month at a time at your predetermined date.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have a savings account with them but it is strictly an on line account, it seems strange that they don't accept online payments , that is how they pay me every month and how I make deposits in the account. Their rates are pretty good but their customer service is pretty sketchy .

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used to use Care Credit for dental expenses. They were GE Financial that became Synchrony. That account I can log in and make a payment no problem. Not Yamaha. Won't work. I've already tried. Makes no sense what so ever.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Synchrony is always playing games it seems. I have had different issues with them and it allways comes down to something like what you mentioned.

The best is if you make a payment too early they will not count it towards your nex billing cycle. They will apply it to your principle but not your next month min due. I got so fed up I just set up automatic through my bank. Murphs idea is solid too if you like to keep your privacy.

They are the worst.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
B of A has something called 'bill pay'. You tell them who to pay and the account number and bingo bango, it's done.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, I pay them via my banks bill pay service. Send a check every week that way. I despise it, really. Get with the times Synchrony.

Not only that, their rates suck (for me). We're getting ready to pick up another ski, and they offered me 8%. Farm Bureau is giving me 4.6%, and I can manage it online.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek I see you changed your sig did you close the deal on the boat and the ski?

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My boat loan is thru them. Bought it about a month ago, no statements yet and no titles so I can get the boat registered and titled and the trailer as well. Maybe it was free?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@veedubtek I see you changed your sig did you close the deal on the boat and the ski?
Boat deal final as of yesterday I think @robert843 . Paperwork all done, just waiting on the bank to mail the check or whatever. It's done as far as we're concerned, but I'm just leaving it in Dirks garage for now until probably next weekend. Ski paid cash Saturday and picked up. Next Saturday, trading the VXR on another one and gonna finance part of that one.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat deal final as of yesterday I think @robert843 . Paperwork all done, just waiting on the bank to mail the check or whatever. It's done as far as we're concerned, but I'm just leaving it in Dirks garage for now until probably next weekend. Ski paid cash Saturday and picked up. Next Saturday, trading the VXR on another one and gonna finance part of that one.
Did Dirk get a new boat yet?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's a done deal. Getting electronics and cover made and such now, pickup on the 12th. Then taking it to Wilmington to get a custom ladder done. Then we'll get to play with it.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek I'm so jealous I have been eyeball banging that boat for almost two years. Tell Dirk he better keep an extra good eye on it at night in Bimini if I get a few drinks in me no telling what kind of sweet things I may sneak down to the docks and do to that thing lol. At least I will be able to get a full report by then and figure out if that truly is my next venture or not. Best of luck on all those purchases sounds like you guys are doing your part to help stimulate the economy.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Set up bill pay from your bank and save the info. You pay on your terms for the same amount and no need to wait for a statement to arrive. Lastly, you can send from your bank from any device (in most cases). It's like sending a check, only more convenient for you.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes. Same issue.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When we had our boat loan through them, I signed up for auto pay. Never had an issue with the payment getting credited but read lots of horror stories online. It was a good feeling paying that boat loan off 13 years early!

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I had been paying bills online for years before I got the Synchrony loan for my SX192. A few days before the first payment was due, I looked at my statement for a website to make a payment; there wasn't one. I called Synchrony and was told the section that handles the Yamaha loans is small and they don't have online capabilities. I was speechless for a bit and then I asked them if they knew what year it was. The rep was very pleasant and said they strived to provide excellent service by phone and mail. I will admit, she was professional. I told her that I was used to adding various amounts of additional principal to loan payments. I was told that additional principal payments needed to be sent to a different address. They sent me the paperwork to allow the standard payment to be bank drafted every month. I will probably do that and then send an additional principal payment every quarter. The interest rate is so low on the boat loan that I will end up making more additional principal payments on my home equity loan than the Synchrony loan. I failed to get a statement one month. I just mailed a check for the proper amount on time and it was credited properly.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use B of A's pay bill (Same for almost any bank) and they handle the payment either via a mailed check or electronic. No problems and I have been doing this for 6 years. Almost done now! It is very helpful way to pay and no stamps so you save time and money. These can be set up re-occurring or you do each one. Totally up to you.