• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Table mount rod holder

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This was inspired by someone here or on the FB page but I don't have the original post to give credit... sorry.

Anyway, we are headed to Destin in a couple weeks and wanted to be able to do a little fishing/trolling while there. Put this together with about $30 of material and an hour and a half of time. Should do the trick for the trip!

Attachments

Dye210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hadn’t thought of using that for a rod holder. Nice work

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This was inspired by someone here or on the FB page but I don't have the original post to give credit... sorry.

Anyway, we are headed to Destin in a couple weeks and wanted to be able to do a little fishing/trolling while there. Put this together with about $30 of material and an hour and a half of time. Should do the trick for the trip!
What size PVC pipe did you use?
Does it fit snugly into the table holder post?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
1.5" PVC. It slides right in but isn't really snug.

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Love it, I was planning to try and duplicate the plate on the bottom and build off that. Using the existing mounting pipe is a great idea. with it being a loose fit did you run into any trouble with the rod holder pivoting inside the stainless pipe?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Love it, I was planning to try and duplicate the plate on the bottom and build off that. Using the existing mounting pipe is a great idea. with it being a loose fit did you run into any trouble with the rod holder pivoting inside the stainless pipe?
I did. Ended up drilling a hole and putting a pin in it. Ironically enough, it's the original pin for the tongue that I removed when I put a lock on it instead.

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm looking around trying to find a source for the grey flange ring that screws to the bottom of the table. If you could find those as a seperate peice your mounting options would be endless!