• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

[Taken, sorry] Disk breaks with misc hydraulic assembly for sale

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just replaced my disk hydraulic brakes on my Shorlandr trailer for my 242 LS with drum electric (not to start a discussion about electric breaks in the water OMG that's bad... I've had electric boat trailer brakes for years and they are fine for fresh water) and have no use for my parts. I had the business that replaced the brake system keep all my parts (disk brakes, pads, bypass solenoid, hydraulic lines, etc) because I figured someone else might want them.

I've used all of this for about 2 months, so it's pretty much new. If I get around to it, I'll take some pictures of it all, but it's brakes... there's not a lot to see other than that they are in tact.

@Backwash, you need these brake parts.

@sysinu could you please post about the upgrade and parts used. I really want to do this over the winter. @Rana would be much more comfortable if she did not hear the trailer clang as the brakes disengage every time we pull away from a stop.

I don't even have brakes right now. One was locking up and both sides were worn completely down so I pulled them off with the intent on getting new ones and never did. The rotors are so rusted now that I'm gonna have to replace them too

@Marvin willis, sounds like you need these parts. They are from a Shorlandr trailer and I believe yours is a MFI trailer so I am not certain that they will fit but hopefully they will.

Either way I'll have them replaced by next year. Gonna do the tires and leaf springs too. They seem fine but are getting old and I don't want to break down on the highway. My new truck stops the boat fast than my old truck did with trailer brakes

My dad decided to snag them and use them on his Bayliner (he's retrofitting his tongue to allow for hydraulic and then running the brakes). Sorry, I should have updated that these got used up.

What ended up happening w/ my trailer is I had the disk brakes pulled, everything from the blue wire to the 5-pin adapter all the way to the disk brakes and it was put in a box (so all the hydraulic lines, the solenoid, the hydraulic actuator, the brakes and the pads).

I had the trailer mfg (metalcraft trailers) put drum brakes on the rear axle with electric brakes. They had to put in a brakeaway switch. All in all, they charged me 400$ to do this and they had it done in about 3 hours. They took a piece of tube steel and put it up inside the tongue forcing the hydraulic sliding hitch point to stay put and then they spot welded it in place (just in case I ever wanted to use hydraulic brakes again). So now when I stop and start there is no clunk noise. I love electric brakes, even if they are drum brakes and I submerge them... I had electric brakes on my last boat too and they never had an issue.

from the looks of it, this would be a really easy upgrade to do on your own.

breakaway switch for legal reasons: http://www.etrailer.com/faq-trailer-breakaway-kit-installation.aspx

Electric drum brakes, and about 30' of copper wire is all you need. Replace your disk brakes + pads for drum on your axle, pull all the hydraulic lines, then you just run 12V to the electric trailer brake control pin (out of your 7-pin, requires an electric brake installed in the tow vehicle), and 1 line goes to ground, the other goes to the 12V connector. ... Since I didn't do the install myself I don't have the exact parts list. I was going to do it myself but life got in the way.

Probably the best thing that electric brakes have over hydraulic brakes is the brake release when you're not braking. Helps for backing up, but even more so helps for taking off from a stop. That little "thud" that the hydraulic tongue does when you start accelerating REALLY takes it out of your tow vehicle's low end torque. Everyone has tricks for dealing with that, but I quite enjoy not having to.

Back