• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tango - FINALLY RUNNING! NEED SOME MINOR PARTS...

Anchorsaweigh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Changed almost the entire ignition system and it runs like a champ. So, I am in the process of doing all the cosmetic stuff. I am in need of the following:

- Part number or the length of the lift cylinders for the engine cover
- New gas cap (the closure snap is missing from mine
- Bow light (I know there are plenty of replacement lights, I'm looking to match the existing bolt holes)
- Where to mount the bilge pump

By the way, this is a 1999 Tango, not a Tango Extreme.

Cheers

Bob

Last edited:

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Not to be a smartypants, but I have two questions Bob:
1) Did you have it running before?
2) Are you the mechanic throwing parts at it?

Anchorsaweigh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
1) It died on the previous owner
2) I took it to a mechanic and they're throwing parts at it (testing them first)
3) I am a LONG TIME boater and should have known better than to buy a non-runner

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
...should have known better than to buy a non-runner
C'mon, where the fun in THAT?!

Seriously, if it was you doing the diagnosis, I'd suggest a slow, careful read of the factory service manual, something not everyone on the clock has time for, then I'd go back to square #1 and check all the basics - all wiring connections clean, bright and tight, all fuses/breakers tested, and make sure all related wires had good continuity and no internal breaks or high resistance. As for your mechanic? They should have done everything I wrote already.

From my experience, at least your failure is constant and not intermittent. Intermittent failures can sometimes make a technician want to suck-start a shotgun (just kidding).

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Glad it’s running!
My bow light was bad, this is the near identical replacement

Attwood Bi-Color Combination, Deck Mount Navigation Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O0DIOU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_81JRQ22JCBWN6G9T71HM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

My bilge pump is mounted with epoxy between the fuel tank and the engine

take a measurement from pin to pin hood up at the height where you want the hood to open to and go to your local parts store to get the closest you can find for the hood supports.

Can’t help you on the fuel cap. But I’ll be watching for the answer.

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
take a measurement from pin to pin hood up at the height where you want the hood to open to and go to your local parts store to get the closest you can find for the hood supports.
Not so fast on the supports there Bart! o_O There's a lot more to consider than just extended length. E.g. compressed length, force, type of ends, etc.

I would check out SUSPA. They make supports for many different OEM's (my Speed Queen front load washer has SUSPA supports as does my pickup cap).

Stomp10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Have been away from the board for a while so, not sure where you're at on this.
I bought mine on amazon.
Search for:
Perko 1319DPGBLK Vented Fuel Fills
It's an exact replacement

LanceH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Changed almost the entire ignition system and it runs like a champ. So, I am in the process of doing all the cosmetic stuff. I am in need of the following:

- Part number or the length of the lift cylinders for the engine cover
- New gas cap (the closure snap is missing from mine
- Bow light (I know there are plenty of replacement lights, I'm looking to match the existing bolt holes)
- Where to mount the bilge pump

By the way, this is a 1999 Tango, not a Tango Extreme.

Cheers

Bob
I'm trying to find the part# for the gas cap as well for my 1999 4+2 Tango...as well as an engine compartment key latch. Where can I can these 2 items?
Thanks for any help or direction anyone can provide.
Lance