1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tennessee Boaters Gathering

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by David Osborne, Oct 11, 2017 at 7:26 PM.

1. David Osborne

David Osborne New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Hi all

I recently moved to Nashville this past summer from Kentucky and spent just about every weekend on the water here in TN. I’m hoping to meet some new people that love being on the lake as much as I do in their free time. I’d like to plan a gathering to Old Hickory Lake just outside Nashville (15 minutes from downtown) in the spring of 2018. If I can get some traction on this thread we can throw out some dates. Water gets comfortable down here by Memorial Day weekend easily. There’s a great spot on the lake called “2 foot cove” that you can anchor down and walk from boat to boat. It’s very sandy on your feet and only about 3-5 deep in a very large space. It’s filled with boaters every weekend and a great spot to have some fun. Here’s a photos of the cove on a random summer weekend this year. Hope there’s a few TN/Nashville boaters out there looking to meet up!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. spatty99

spatty99 Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +62 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    I used to live 1 mile north of 2 foot on the Hendersonville side, great memories. A couple cool spots for the group to check out (in addition to the marinas with live music)...
    Cliff jumping, just south of two foot, on the same shore, look for a 20'ish rock ledge and rope to climb up. Be safe!
    Boat trip through the lock (call to get barge schedule so you don't wait forever) to downtown and tie up at one of the docks (both shores, but stadium side usually less busy).

• Like Like x 1
  3. cmn1882

cmn1882 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Boatless
    Year:
    NA
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    NA
    Hey David,

I am relatively new to the area. Moved up from Chattanooga. I am boatless, but looking at buying over the winter or in the spring. I have not been on Old Hickory or Percy Priest yet, but look forward to exploring them in the coming year. Also...Dale Hollow, Norris Lake, Chickamauga Lake. Going through the river gorge on Nickajack in about 2 weeks will be beautiful.

4. haknslash

haknslash Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +2,241 / 75
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR192
    Boat Length:
    Looks like there's some members near you via the user map https://jetboaters.net/usermap/

That's a sweet cove and hope you can get a gathering going. Welcome to the forum!

5. David Osborne

David Osborne New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Feel free to reach out to me anytime to show you around Old Hickory! I have only been on Percy twice and I’ve stuck to Old Hickory because of the party cove and the proximity of my boat barn to the ramp.
    I’ve spent a lot of time on Dale Hollow as well Lake Cumberland. Highly recommended the poker run at Lake Cumberland (my profile picture). It’s always the weekend after Memorial Day weekend.

6. David Osborne

David Osborne New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Great tool, I had no idea there was a map. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scottintexas

Scottintexas Jetboaters Commander

Ratings:
    +1,234 / 30
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Be sure to look at the FAQ tab at the end of the string for lots of great tips,

8. dan144k

dan144k Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +286 / 9
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Have always been curious about the Nashville. Always wanted to do a trip in may or June to that area. While still cold in chicago

9. CAM212SS

CAM212SS Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SS
    Boat Length:
    let me know when you come to Norris

• Like Like x 1