• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Terra over black is the perfect color for a 2011 242 LS

Leadfooty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally installed my JBP SeaDek and it turned out exactly how I hoped it would. JBP's products are extremely well tailored for these boats. The only criticism is that the pad-gap on the storage hatches is larger that for some of the other adjacent pads. I might've been able to do it more consistently had I measured the gap for the hatches then tried to match it in other areas, but it still would've been inconsistent in some areas.

Some install observations:
The only piece that didn't fit spot-on is the pad at the front of the pilot seat. To get it to match the curve of the storage hatch, I had to install the pad right up against the pad that goes under the seat. Not awful, but the rest of the pads are spaced 1/4" or more apart. But as others have said this is why you need to install the pad under the seat first. Otherwise you won't be able to get it centered around the seat-post.

The get the triangular pads in the front of the boat to look mirrored, they needed to be installed by eye, as the two sides of the boat are not the exact same size.

Starting at the bow and carefully aligning the center grove to the center of the boat made it easy to keep all the pads dead-straight. I used a metal ruler to ensure the lines all...aligned. I REALLY like the way it all looks now, I think it's worth taking the time to get it right.

Kudos to JBP on a great product.

Attachments

Last edited:

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can you share any experience removing the original swim deck and anchor locker hydroturf? I'm about to start my 242 install, same color.

Leadfooty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can you share any experience removing the original swim deck and anchor locker hydroturf? I'm about to start my 242 install, same color.
It took me several hours but I got it done w/o a scratch to either me or the gelcoat, Cool weather probably helped.
I got an 3m eraser like others talked about. I also got a plastic razorblade scraper thing that in conjunction w/ a half a bottle of Goo Gone made it doable.
I soaked everything in goo gone and started peeling away. Patience was tested as often started getting a tear and tried to work around it w/ more Goo Gone.
I then followed up w/ the eraser, the scraper and more Goo-gone. In the end, my fingers hurt from gripping/pulling, so it IS a significant amount of work.

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mark, Google just-in-tyme scrappers and look for this part #JNT-8-RSC-blk. This is what I used to pull mine off this past weekend. It got down to 25 degrees the night before. Started at 9:30am and it was around 38 degrees. It came off with no chemicals in almost complete sheet. When it started to tear I just moved to the other side of the tear to get it going again. I was dreading this job. I was done with the back of the boat in an hour and a half. Got warm in the sun and started tearing on the last piece so I stopped to wait for cool temps again. It was cool enough the next day but it was raining. I read where someone on the site used 20lb. bag of ice to cool it down enough to remove it in one sheet. I do no that the cold weather was the trick. When it was hot, I could not even get it to pull loose and any corner.
Hope this helps,
Papa