• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Tested my nerves this weekend.

Jmauld

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
At the last minute, we decided we wanted to squeeze in another weekend at the beach before it gets too cold. I jumped online and found a town home with a dock for a reasonable price in Wrightsville Beach. I checked out the boat slip from google maps, and was a little worried about it, but the ad says it could fit a 30' boat. When I pulled into the dock area, my first thought was oh hell no.... But, I jumped in feet first and pulled the boat in and docked it with no drama.

Honestly, I was a bit surprised that I was able to pull it off! I was fully prepared to jump between my boat and another to keep from crashing into it.

I'm trying to post a picture but the upload function isnt working for me at the moment.

Last edited:
Here's one.
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to imagine a 30 footer in there! Our local marina has slips about that deep and each one is precisely 9 feet wide. It's a tight squeeze!

Hard to tell from that angle..but she looks at home! Not sure how anyone could say you could fit a 30' boat in that slip....

When we went to Tahoe, the slip the marina atIMG_4618.jpg The Keys put us in was huge! It was luxurious to have all this room.

Hard to tell from that angle..but she looks at home! Not sure how anyone could say you could fit a 30' boat in that slip....
From my experience, they probably use that entire side for up to 30' boats. They would dock stern in and let the bow run into the passage way. There would still be plenty of room for all to navigate. Tricky but still possible and maximizes profit.

Boy, I'd be nervous leaving a 30' boat in there!!! It appears that all those outboard props would get chewed up by boats trying to maneuver on by if everybody on your side had 30'ers tied up there.

Here are a few more pictures from the weekend! Just a little chilly, but still better then cutting the grass!

Attachments

• IMG_0085[1].JPG
    IMG_0085[1].JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0114[1].JPG
    IMG_0114[1].JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0137[1].JPG
    IMG_0137[1].JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 22
Here are a few more pictures from the weekend! Just a little chilly, but still better then cutting the grass!
How did you know that I was cutting the grass this weekend? ;)

Because it's what I should've been doing :)

IMHO, any day on the water is better than cutting the grass.
Great photos, looks like a fun weekend

Looks like fun, I'm not sure if I understand why you had to jump in the water, it's still a decent size slip for a small to midsize boat.

Here's a tight fit. Had use of this slip at the marina at the lake by our house for part of this season. Definitely had some buffing and polishing to do when we took it out, as the slip was too narrow to use any fenders along the sides. Had to rely on the rubber edging of the slip.
IMG_3453.jpg

I didn't have to jump out. This was my first attempt at ever pulling into a slip like this and I wasn't really prepared for how little room there was to maneuver. After doing it a few times over the weekend I would tend to agree with you that it wasn't all that bad. Especially with the water protected as well as it was.

It further confirmed my belief that you don't need low speed steering assistance on these boats. They can handle low speed turning perfectly fine without them.

Last edited:
Back