• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texas/Oklahoma area Gathering this summer at Broken Bow July 25th weekend

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You too Dan, missed you and Veronica a ton! You invited us over on the first meet we ever came to but we stayed on the boat instead. The 2nd one you did the same and it was just the 4 of us the first night and we had a blast. Hope we can meet up again soon.
@DCB-270 I missed you and Veronica, too! I was just cleaning out my desk and found a CD she sent me. Anyhow, I think we need to schedule a meet for this summer. With the new forum I'm already jonseing for boat season big time!

****Edited to add gathering details (below)****
Dates: weekend of July 25th

Attendees: (as of June 26, 2014)
  1. detonate & Christy (Jim, Christy and DD 9) - 2005 AR230 - sharing cabin with maboat
  2. maboat (Mark and Liz) - 2006 AR230 - sharing cabin with Detonate and Christy
  3. Bruce (Bruce, wife, DD 7 and DS 5) - 2007 SX230 - lodging tbd
  4. PEARCE (Pearce, wife, DD 10 and DS 6) - 2006 SX230 - Beavers Bend State Park
  5. farrelltravis - (Travis and Amanda) - 2009 SX230 - Beavers Bend State Park - Cabin 6
  6. Corey (and wife) - 2011 242 Limited - lodging tbd
  7. jawsf16 (Bryan, Melanie, and 2 kids 8/10 yrs old) - 2010 AR240 - Lone Star Cabin
  8. txav8r (Mel, Clara, Chester), 2012 SX 240, Beavers Bend State Park Cabin

Last edited:

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Attachments

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@maboat Yes, let's do it! I was just telling @Detonate that we should book something for this summer since the local lakes are going to be fairly drained this summer. Maybe this is the year we actually make it out to Lake Ouachita or some lake north of us (beside Texoma). Let me know of some cool lakes in OK or AR and I'll do some legwork on campsites, etc.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Broken Bow is an awesome lake but its a little off the beaten path. Not sure how many other people would go, but I don't need much excuse to go back there! :D

Also, Lake Murray is nice and its easy to get to. Lots smaller than Texoma or PK, but its big enough and because its one of the few natural lakes, I think its fairly constant level (need to confirm). The other cool thing for a meet at Lake Murray is they have floating cabins. :thumbsup: but we probably need to reserve those yesterday :rolleyes:

miketke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We towed our boat to broken bow one year for a family vacation. It is an awesome lake! Didn't notice too many sandy beach areas, mostly rocky shores near the cabin we stayed at. We would just anchor a few feet out and wade up to the picnic areas.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@maboat Yes, let's do it! I was just telling @Detonate that we should book something for this summer since the local lakes are going to be fairly drained this summer. Maybe this is the year we actually make it out to Lake Ouachita or some lake north of us (beside Texoma). Let me know of some cool lakes in OK or AR and I'll do some legwork on campsites, etc.
I live 10 miles from Lake Ouachita so if you want to have the gathering here and need someone to do the footwork, please let me know!

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@DCB-270, that article is nearly 4 years old. Has there been any recent sightings of alligators there? Also, are you interested in joining us for a gathering this summer at Broken Bow or Lake Murray?

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@DCB-270, that article is nearly 4 years old. Has there been any recent sightings of alligators there? Also, are you interested in joining us for a gathering this summer at Broken Bow or Lake Murray?
I know it's old. Just having some fun. We would love to meet with you guys this year. We like lakes with beaches but whatever you guys want. Man I wish it would rain.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@DCB-270, I'd like a lake with a beach too. Any suggestions? Some lake that's within about a 5 hour drive from DFW that has cabins (or something like soldier creek).

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ouachita has sandy beaches near the camping areas. We often explore an island then anchor near one of the beaches to let the kids enjoy the beach.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce, can you name some of the camping areas? Preferably something with cabins? I'm getting too old to rough it these days. :(

**edited to fix typo

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Christy, the nicest lodge on Ouchita is Mountain Harbor on the west end of the lake and as the nicest, it is the most expensive...but the "cabins" if you want to call them that, are more like vacation homes with big decks, hot tubs, gas grills, gourmet kitchens, plush and oversized bedding, stone fireplaces, wide screen tv, and more. Crystal Springs on the east end, is more like the cabin style or hotel room with kitchen style places but clean, well run, and offers plenty of amenity at a family vacation type rate. Both have marinas and restaurants. Then there is Brady Mountain, and Shangrila, but be careful of the last one...you have to navigate a flooded timber cove to get to the rest of the lake from Shangrila. I am sure Bruce knows more of them and has recommendations. I can fully recommend Mountain Harbor and I have friends that love Crystal Springs. Hope that helps as a second to whatever Bruce puts up.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I forgot to mention that neither Broken Bow or Murray have sandy beaches. I also prefer a beach for gathering, but the water is so clear in either of those lakes its nice to float too.

Ouachita has sandy beaches near the camping areas. We often explore an island then anchor near one of the beaches to let the kids enjoy the beach.
Ouchita is right at the 5-hour threshold for us Dallas-area folks.:confused: I might be up for it if enough others go too. :cool: But @Bruce you'd definitely need to do the footwork ;)

For us North Texans, the biggest question is "where will the water be"? Is Ouachita a constant-level lake?

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@DCB-270, I'd like a lake with a beach too. Any suggestions? Some lake that's within about a 5 hour drive from DFW that has cabins (or something like soldier creek).
Ouachita Looks nice, but whatever you guys think will work best.

DoubleTrouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@maboat! That's my old ride!!! :) :) :)

I'm down for wherever so long as it's Ray Hubbard unless someone has a spare semi-truck. :)

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Ouachita has less boats, more water, more nature and man made beaches. Lake Hamilton has more boats, less water, better restaurants, and sand bars.
I believe Lake Hamilton has more actual bars too!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is correct. Lake Hamilton has a few clubs and a pub with docks.

During busy weekends we tend to go to Lake Ouachita, but we play on Lake Hamilton during the week.

We have even started the day on Lake Ouachita then launched the boat on Lake Hamilton for dinner.