• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texas Spring Break

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are getting our boat in a couple weeks. We are itching to use it. Any recommendations in Texas that isn’t all the way to the coast the week of March 18?

Jlhtec

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a place on Cedar Creek that I will be renting out this year, but any of the major lakes should provide lots of fun that week. You should be able to find a place via VRBO for that week, as it's still early in the year. I know some lakes have more Marina's and places to eat via water than others.

Jeff

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where are you at now ?
Do you expect to get in the water? it will still be pretty cold in March?

I would say Lake Travis or maybe down to Kemah or Galveston with plenty of area to cruise but if you don't want to go in the water I might suggest Lake Ouachita in Arkansas, it's big, clear water and has restaurants on the water

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. We are in the Oklahoma City area. My suspicion is that we won't want to get in the water much. Tool around and just learn the new boat figuring it will be less busy than later on. I figure that anywhere we go that time of year in these parts it could be 85 or it could be 40. The water will be cold no matter what.

Rylee44

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in Tulsa and am getting the itch to get out too, that's the same week as our spring break. Lake Tenkiller is home for us but, like you, are thinking of heading further south for spring break...

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Water will likely be to cold to go on it comfortably in Kemah, but if you are feeling the itch you can probably go out for a spin and survive :)

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
TEXOMA!! It will be too cold to swim in till probably after Memorial day weekend, but if you have a stern anchor you can hang out on a beach by stepping off the stern into mid calf deep water. If it's a sunny day without too much wind you won't be the only one out there. There's a few restaurants/bars scattered around the lake and lodging can range from cabins/trailers on the lake to hotels in town. Of course there are VRBO places to be had too. Let us know what you end up doing.

Rylee44

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Pearce - Do you have any recommendations on Marina's or restaurants for Texoma? We may even consider heading further south towards Austin. A couple years ago we went down to Destin, FL for spring break and it was a blast with the 242!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you want to stay on the Oklahoma side then there's Buncombe Creek marina and resort. It has cabins or trailers to stay in and a restaurant on site. @DCB-270 Has a place there and can chime in with pointers. There's also Marina Del Ray, formerly Soldier Creek, that has the same, but I don't know what the state or condition that the resort is in. The marina is nice though. @farrelltravis keeps his boats there and can chime in on that one. On the Texas side we are at Highport with a restaurant with a bar called Mo's that's open for breakfast and lunch and dinner during offseason and starting in March will not be open for dinner. There is also a bar and grill place, called The Island, is close to the water and open during the season and is open for lunch and dinner. We have a very good ramp with lots of parking along with rentable overnight slips. The closest lodging is the Tanglewood hotel and resort which is up the hill from the marina, but it's not walkable close. There's chain hotels 15mins away out by 75 if you want that option. Then there's Mill Creek marina and resort which is the closest marina with cabins to the islands. They don't have a restaurant that I know of. The third and final marina on the Texas side that I know much about is Cedar Mills. They have a very good restaurant that we go to the most called Pelicans Landing. I don't know if they have any sort of lodging or not. Going there you'll want to follow a chartplotter/Navionics app to help keep you in the channel depending on lake levels. Hope this helps you. We are there most weekends in the summer and when it isn't too cold and/or wet the rest of the year. Our friends on our dock are our extended family to us and we love being there.

Shoot me a PM if ya'll make it down and I'll tell you whether we're there and where we're at.

Bradley Martin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Broken Bow lake in Oklahoma is a nice lake with awesome cabin rentals. Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs Arkansas.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We love Broken Bow! Haven't been in a few years. I like it for the isolation. There is nothing around the lake but wilderness and only one marina. There's no restaurants or bars so if you're into boating to a meal it's not the lake to go to.

Bradley Martin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We love Broken Bow! Haven't been in a few years. I like it for the isolation. There is nothing around the lake but wilderness and only one marina. There's no restaurants or bars so if you're into boating to a meal it's not the lake to go to.
We are going May 16th to 19th. We have a cabin rented. We have not been out on the lake at Broken Bow in years either.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are going May 16th to 19th. We have a cabin rented. We have not been out on the lake at Broken Bow in years either.
Awesome! Enjoy your trip, I know ya'll will have a great time. The water will still be pretty chilly for swimming, but as long as the sun is out it ought to be perfect.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey there @why_fly_high ! We are in Norman. We have a Yamaha that we keep at Texoma on the Oklahoma side at Marina Del Rey. Its a pretty decent marina. Not the worlds best, but pretty good. We also have a big boat that we stay on down there. So, we are at Texoma most weekends throughout the year. If you guys ever want to meet up, let us know!

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! We took the boat out Monday on Arcadia to get familiar with it. Was a little cold at full speed but nice to just float on the lake. We haven’t been to Texoma in like 16 years. We end up at Grand most of the time being the in-laws have a house there.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are always on Arcadia by 4 PM fridays. Usually sat and sun as well. Family cove (1st cove west of the dam on the south side.