• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Thailand Charter Boats View Damaged Boats Part 2/3 Man looses leg, Korean Crew do a runner, Video

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok i have got some more Photos for you, I added a lot of Photos to my previous post on the subject but ran out of space so here are the rest of the Photos that show what damage has occurred while in use, they follow on from the previous post, It also shows the construction and i try to show as much detail as possible, When these boats are damaged they are taken away from the Marina so Tourists don't see what has happened and they are left to be repaired or just rot away after they have been stripped of anything useful, Any questions i will try to answer, I hope you find it interesting.

IMG_2224.JPG

IMG_2230.JPG
This has had a bad smash it's took the side out of it.
IMG_2225.JPG
Inside construction just wood covered in a thin layer of plywood

IMG_2228.JPG
You can see the Epoxy filler that is just spread over the Plywood and sanded flat

IMG_2230.JPG
You can see the side all smashed in

IMG_2223.JPG Damage to plywood and the filler has all fallen off

IMG_2231.JPG More Photos of the side damage

IMG_2232.JPG

IMG_2217.JPG These are small fabrication shops around the Marina, They repair the Trailers and the Tractors

IMG_2218.JPG More small Fabrication shops around the Marina

IMG_2214.JPG This is the Marina it's about a square mile in size and there are maybe a thousand of these wooden Boats here

IMG_2215.JPG
More views of the Marina, I will add more to this post as and when i think there is something interesting to show you i hope you enjoy.

Very nice to see how people live in different cultures. Thank you Geoff

these are starting to be my favorite threads @Geoff Cooper Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Continue with the pictures and thank you. I like the speed/wooden boats in the last picture. So people have money to run those boats around? Wow

Continue with the pictures and thank you. I like the speed/wooden boats in the last picture. So people have money to run those boats around? Wow
They are all charter boats they take 25 passengers out to the nearest Island daily and many have accidents and get rescued by other Boats, they run 2 x 250 HP Yamaha outboards, Damn dangerous money comes before safety.

Those thin plywood hulls are scary. Great posts, Geoff!

Those thin plywood hulls are scary. Great posts, Geoff!
Yes and there's nobody to control them, I've seen them being dragged in all smashed up, Usually the Captain when he gets to shore does a runner as he's liable and the Boat owners let him carry the can and go to jail.

Do you have the rough GPS location....would love to look at this area on Google Earth!
I will sort it for you, What location do you want where i live or where these wooden boats are?

both, I love reading these posts and seeing another part of the world

Do you have the rough GPS location....would love to look at this area on Google Earth!
GPS: N 08°00'43.6 E 098°57'42.1 That's where i keep my Boat at Ocean Marina the wooden Boats are about 15k North of there in Pattaya Marina I live about 5k South of Ocean Marina at Bang Saray check it out

I went into town today and while i was there i took some more Photos of the Boats that are currently in use also of around the Marina and there is an Island called Koh Larn where all the Charter Boats go to, People live there and need supplies so i have taken some Photos of the teams that load the Boats to keep them supplied, I hope you like.

IMG_2240.JPG
This Boat is in currant use you can see the bare plywood is still wet from yesterday.

IMG_2245.JPG

You can see how this was damaged by riding it up the slipway it's ripped of the stainless protector.

IMG_2248.JPG
Sometimes the transoms just crack as they cant take the amount of stress they're put under, This is the back view of the previous boat Photo

IMG_2251.JPG
One of the Small workshops at the Marina

IMG_2250.JPG

Tractors line up ready for when the rest of the Boats come back

IMG_2255.JPG

This is where the tractor drivers live they work 7 days a week

IMG_2243.JPG
There are some benefits to writing these post i suppose.

IMG_2259.JPG
These are the supply boats for the Island

IMG_2260.JPG
They're bringing the rubbish back from the Island for disposal

IMG_2263.JPG
His job is to open the big bins of rubbish from the Islands and spread it out in the back of the truck......$5 a day but he's happy job security
IMG_2280.JPG
These are the Boats that supply the gas for Para gliders that work out about a mile from the shore

IMG_2278.JPG

He looks like a terrorist, most Thai people hate the Sun and have to cover up because they burn very easy especially if you work the Boats all day and they cant afford sun cream.
IMG_2281.JPG
Another Boat full of empty tanks for refill

IMG_2258.JPG

More supplies going to Koh Larn this time building blocks.

Well another episode in the subject of Thailand everyday life i hope you enjoyed the Photos and i look forward to the next time.

Attachments

• IMG_2249.JPG
    IMG_2249.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2250.JPG
    IMG_2250.JPG
    280.7 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the tour Geoff, and for reminding me how lucky we are.

Thanks for the tour Geoff, and for reminding me how lucky we are.
Your welcome Gym I'm pleased you enjoy it there will be more soon as i go on my travels.

Back