• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The 230 specific cooler thread

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems that coolers are the talk of the town lately. What kind of cooler are you using and where on your 230 do you store it. I would like to find something that would fit under the bench seat when folded out. I have always used a cheap igloo and it has never failed to keep drinks cold for a full day on the lake. Used to use a Yeti back in the day when i would do primitive camping in the Cali mountains for 4-5 days with out a refresh. Seems overkill for a day on the lake.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
does this fit gatorade bottles or just soda cans?
It flexes and can fit Gatorade / water bottles, etc including ice on top too. It’s 8.5” tall so there’s plenty of room for your beverages and ice.

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use something similar that we picked up at Walmart. I like the pockets because we can put plates, napkins, corkscrew, etc. in them. It's just the right size to slide behind the passenger seat.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just bought an rtic 20 for the bimini trip. It fits under the seat behind the captains chair. But it fills up that space. One day I am going to copy what someone else did on here and remove the factory cooler from under the bow seat to add more normal storage. That cooler works fine but the drain is too high and water sits in it. We find it easier to load a cooler at home and put it on the boat and remove it at the end if the day.