• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The best deal on Wet Sounds amps and audio gear here (vvvv)

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ok so some may know this but for the other here you go. Yamaha has OEM part numbers for most of WS? JL
amps and speakers. Online Yamaha part dealers sell at a discount.

Wet Sounds SYN-DX Series Marine Amplifiers
SBT-DX400-00-17 = SYN-DX 4 I got it for $478 shipped after promo code

To see other OEM numbers Browse Yamaha Boat Accessories

On the tower speakers and some others you need to select a year/model and color. After that you will see the OEM part number pop up just above the product picture. Most all start with STB-xxxx-xx-xx. Now just google search that number find the best deal then search that online site's name for coupons/ promos

https://d2y27enpay2u3z.cloudfront.net/images/CatalogImage/Get/RfUEZzgifG37obW4g9d0zXM1Wn8LQjE_t5_mvaeBjCQ1.jpg?width=1200

philistine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Be careful with the "OEM" equipment. The part numbers can give some cross references and at a discount but...the pitfall is that you may not get what you plan. For example, Wet Sounds Amps, that have Yamaha "OEM" part numbers can be augmented meaning that they are "DSP". Without going into details it means they are pre-programmed without customization and have very different connections. Take a look at the attached pic for example - may come with deleted RCA's and customized interfaces designed for that year boat with a very specific configuration that is programmed.

I confirmed with Wetsounds they have augmented amps designed for OEM specific applications that are very different that the standard catalog - meaning OEM loses the ability to set gain controls, built in cross overs and bridging capabilities along with non-standard inputs to the head unit (deleted RCA's).

So do the research and good luck.

Attachments

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The amps and way numbers I listed are for add on amps/audio upgrade packages from Yamaha not the OEM stock unit that comes on the 212x or 242x .
You need to look up the amps on the accessories page not OEM parts page. Browse Yamaha Boat Accessories
SBT-DX200-00-17 = SYN-DX 2ch
SBT-DX400-00-17 = SYN-DX 4ch
SBT-DX600-00-17 = SYN-DX 6ch

Wet Sounds Hydro-Tech X (HTX) Series Amplifier
SBT-HTX20-00-17 = HTX 2ch
SBT-HTX40-00-17 = HTX 4ch
SBT-HTX60-00-17 = HTX 6ch

You can do the same for JL and speakers.
Be careful with the "OEM" equipment. The part numbers can give some cross references and at a discount but...the pitfall is that you may not get
Also I have covered the DSP of the stock WS amp In my other threads on how to get the most out of the DSP amps

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Be careful with the "OEM" equipment. The part numbers can give some cross references and at a discount but...the pitfall is that you may not get what you plan. For example, Wet Sounds Amps, that have Yamaha "OEM" part numbers can be augmented meaning that they are "DSP". Without going into details it means they are pre-programmed without customization and have very different connections. Take a look at the attached pic for example - may come with deleted RCA's and customized interfaces designed for that year boat with a very specific configuration that is programmed.

I confirmed with Wetsounds they have augmented amps designed for OEM specific applications that are very different that the standard catalog - meaning OEM loses the ability to set gain controls, built in cross overs and bridging capabilities along with non-standard inputs to the head unit (deleted RCA's).

So do the research and good luck.
The model numbers I listed are for the upgrade options NOT the OEM replacements found in the parts catalog.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I see a lot of talk of audio upgrades so I thought I would bring this info back up to the top..

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just bought a bunch of Wetsounds gear from Creative Audio for less than what's listed here. Add your stuff to the cart and do a chat with customer service and ask if they can offer a discount. Free shipping also.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Then you did not fallow the instructions.
Search the part# you want on your favorite browser (STB-xxxx-xx-xx ).
Look for seller with best price.
After the site you want is found look up their discount codes. (I got an extra 15% off and free shipping.)

Creative Audio prices VVVVV
SBT-HTX20-00-17 = HTX 2ch $599
SBT-HTX40-00-17 = HTX 4ch $649
SBT-HTX60-00-17 = HTX 6ch $799

SBT-DX200-00-17 = SYN-DX 2ch $749
SBT-DX400-00-17 = SYN-DX 4ch $899
SBT-DX600-00-17 = SYN-DX 6ch $1099

YAMAHA store site VVVV
SBT-HTX20-00-17 = HTX 2ch $555
SBT-HTX40-00-17 = HTX 4ch $561
SBT-HTX60-00-17 = HTX 6ch $686

SBT-DX200-00-17 = SYN-DX 2ch $711
SBT-DX400-00-17 = SYN-DX 4ch $599
SBT-DX600-00-17 = SYN-DX 6ch $980

Now this is just one site's price. Babbitts VVVV

SBT-HTX20-00-17 = HTX 2ch $472 - 10% = $423
SBT-HTX40-00-17 = HTX 4ch $477 - 10% = $429.30
SBT-HTX60-00-17 = HTX 6ch $583 - 10% = $526.50

SBT-DX200-00-17 = SYN-DX 2ch $605 - 10% = $544.50
SBT-DX400-00-17 = SYN-DX 4ch $509 - 10% = $458.10
SBT-DX600-00-17 = SYN-DX 6ch $833 - 10% = $473.40
Now I have listed the price and with the 10% discount there is a 15% that can also be found

Now I have nothing bad to say about Creative Audio. They are only 1hr from me. I went in to one of their stores and ordered 4 pair of refurbished REVO6-XSS for $269eapair and 5% off with free s/h. When the order was 1.5 weeks over do. They said sorry we are out of stock and overnighted me new stock REVO6-XSS. At no extra cost. This was a calm and cool phone call. I was not in any way being a jerk on the phone.
I have also gotten a WS sub from them and planning on 4 more for a total of 6 on the boat.

Last edited:

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did follow your instructions and the only thing on the Yamaha site that I ordered was the SYN-DX6 and I paid less than it shown on Creative Audio's website. My post said to add items to your cart and do a chat with customer service to get the discount. And the other thing that you need to watch out for is that Wetsounds will not warranty their products if you don't buy from an authorized dealer.

paharam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Curious if anyone else has had good recent results purchasing an HTX Amp from one of these sites? Is the wetsounds warranty really void if you go this route? Are they truly the stock amps and not the DSP?

This is a great deal compared to the big retailers. I'm looking to replace my HTX 6 DSP with two new amps and this would help staying within budget while getting all of the other speakers I want. I can't handle another season with my 212x 2020 stock setup! Thanks all.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I had only bought the one amp for our '18 242x. But now that we have a new '22 255x I will be getting more audio. There is 2 ways to get WT amps from Yamaha. 1 use the part# from the parts diagram (DSP). or 2 use the part# on the Yamaha accessories page. This way (2) will get you what you want. but order now shipping is getting slower.

paharam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thank you jacoviii! All of the information you have posted on this site has been incredibly helpful. Enjoy the 255x.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Start planning for upgrading next season

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander