• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The flying seat cushion!

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
While driving on a windy day, at a speed of 65mph, the seat cushion on my FSH decided to disembark to the side of the freeway. Yep, just plain blew off. I know for a fact that the buttons were all secured since I had just put the cushion back on after installing a new hand hold for my daughter up near the anchor hatch.
Perhaps the buttons are not enough? Maybe they had lubrication from cleaning fluids (soaps). Whatever the reason, it's a situation I will not repeat. The replacement seat cushion will be removed during transport from now on.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Happened to me when I was bringing mine home.
Never travel with the cushion on, always inside the center console.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where were you yesterday! :mad:
Left the bow cushion on my key west CC and had my rods laying down and secured in the boat. Cushion flew off and rods impaled it. 6 broken rod tips and a skewered cushion taught me a lesson. Welcome to the club.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Haven't had the cushion thing happen...but did back out of my driveway with ladder down... ladder bent like a pretzel when it hit the roadway.. $185 mistake... we all live and learn!!!