• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Odyssey of the subconscious: a window to the abyss of a deeply personal event

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is Saturday June 29th maybe around 8:45am when I am waiting for Claire’s flight to land. I am not sure how many miles I am from the airport, but defiantly within a striking distance O’hare. All of sudden a couple in their early 30 approach me. Besides them being unusually tall the girl seemed kind of scared. I figured she was worried about her flight or something.

Male 1: Are you going to the airport ?

Me: yea kind of waiting for my wife to land.

Male 1: would you please give us ride at the airport.

Me: in this ? I say as I look back toward the end of the truck…

Male 1: that is quite all right( he said with a chuckle and the girl looked even more scared.)

I assume that she has not been to the airport with a 50 foot rig, so I brush it off. I let them in. Male on the front and girl on the back.

Me: where are you guys going?

Male 1: we are from Harvard Connecticut

Weird I am thought, but I just kept driving. So sure how long it has passed and the guy says

Male 1: turn left

Me: no I don’t think so, no in this thing

Male 1: it is a shortcut, we gonna be late.

I looked on the mirror as if to tell the female that her boyfriend is not very smart, but her eyes wide open as if she say a ghost. I figured she thinks he is an idiot, so I let it go and address the guy.

Me: Dude do not worry, I will get you guys there. Being doing this long time.

The female buckles up without even blinking her eyes, yet scared as ever. I figured she thinks, I am crazy. Though as it turns out, she buckled for different reason.

We passed that very first left which the dude wanted me to turn, but we had to slow down as the next traffic light was red. With a glimpse of my eye, on the left, I see a tall female. Blond with flaming red dress. She kind of look like a hooker to me, but she is too tall, too well fed and masculine to be a hooker. She kind of gave us an angry look as we are doing something wrong, but I think whatever. We have arrived at the next intersection and the traffic light turn green. As I move my right foot from the brake to the accelerator, the guy on the front seat grabs the steering and tries to turn us left.

Me: WFT, GET YOUR HANDS OFF THE WHEEL.

I straighten the rig back to our lane as it seem we had veered a foot off our lane. But as I think I am about to recover from the surprise the guy tries to give it another push. Realizing that this not what I think it is, I punch him on the face, but he quickly recovers and rushes me for the steering wheel again. While fighting to steer the truck, I realize that he has not control over the brakes and accelerator. So I floor it. A barytone comes out of the exhaust as it picks up speed despite the 5,000 behind me.

Male1: DONT GO FAST

You got it I think inside my mind, and slam on brakes. My brand new electric over hydraulic brakes do its job very well, too well. My seatbelt locks and the asshole next to me hits the dashboard real hard. That seems to have caused more damage to him that my punch a few seconds earlier. Realizing this is effective I am floor it again and hit the brakes real hard. This time unfortunately he was prepared and did not get hurt as much. In my head I figured that he does not want to die today, so I make a hard right turn to what it seems to be an avenue with at least 3 or 4 lanes of an oneway street. Cars now are coming towards us, but there are many of them. Most them just hit the brakes and the rest 2 or 3 of them I just avoided. As I am going down this one way, I am blowing the horn and at the very edge I see a traffic cop. I rush towards him hoping for help. As matter of fact a 4 tons of F150 + 240 do get his attention. I bring the truck to stop right in-front of the cop while screaming HELP. The cop is coming and he sees the male on the right with bloody face.

Male 1: Help us this guy is crazy he trying to kill us.

Me: What???? O I am going to kill you for that is for sure.

Police 1: you guys stop this, we need to sort this out quickly as the traffic will be picking up soon.

I start to wonder that there is something wrong with these people. Traffic should not be a priority. Realizing the cop might be more like a UN peace keeper , I rush the male and we are both on the ground. The girl from the back seat enters the altercation and she seems to have some strength as she manages to get me off him. As I am trying to get away from her without wanted to lay her flat on the ground, the guy enters the truck looking for something. And then all of sudden they both run away. The police officer asked me what is going?

Me: cannot you tell they were trying to rob me?

Police 1: oh I see, well they are gone now, but you can file a report.

Me: seriously

Police 1: can you please more your vehicle out of the way and one the side of the road.

Surprised as ever, but obeying to authority like a subject of the Milligram experiment, I said “ yes officer”.

I pulled the on side and start inspecting the truck and the boat. Everything seems to one okay. As far as I can tell the only thing missing is my cellphone. My truck keys are there. Amateur

I think in my head. However, I do have a problem as my cellphone is gone. I am looking around and the only communication device is my handheld VHF. I think about it and realize that it is illegal to broadcast on land and to make things even worse how much range this thing will have anyway. I abandon that plan and continue to inspect the boat….

I have lost track of time somehow because as I was putting the mooring cover on I release that I am parked very close to the Greyhound station and a line has formed behind my boat. Surprisingly my wife is there too.

Me: Claire get in the car. Let’s go home

As she get walks towards the truck in rather jovial mood, I address the line of people with a sense of sarcastic tone..

Me: not sure what y’all are waiting for! This might be a long rig, but it ain’t a bus. And if it was it is about to leave. You in the wrong people.

We get in the truck and start driving, right in-front of there are maybe 3 or 4 kids bicycles and scooters.

Claire: baby stop, let me go move them aside

Me: no love I do not think so.

I kept going and plow over them, turning my F150 to monster truck for bicycles. As I am crashing these bicycles I am chuckling.

Claire: what are you smiling at ?

Me: I am so going to post this on the forum. The guys will love it.

Claire: huh ?

Me: you really have no idea what I had to go through, do you ?

Claire: Well you were being a bit rude to all those people before and now you re running over things, but no I am not sure.

Me: oh Claire let me take a deep breath, gather my thought and tell you what happened for we are not stopping until we run out of fuel.

For a fraction of second I close my eyes and get ready to exhale. When I open them it is really dark and Claire is laying next to me sleeping as peacefully as always. It is 9:03am in Orlando and all this until now has been a bad dream. And now I can exhale with a sense of relief. As I am heading to the bathroom, I a thought crosses my mind “I am might have an addiction”. Then 4 questions pop on my head

1. How many people here have dreams about jetboaters.net ?
  2. If they do, how many of them think about posting it while actually still dreaming ?
  3. And out those how many actually post a write up in real life about how messed up their subconscious is ?
  4. Is this still a dream or real life? Please comment, like and subscribe ( oops , sorry I must have be watching broncos guru last night, you guys). LOL

In terms of full disclosure this is why I was decided to post this. A couple of days ago, a friend asked me what kind of nightmares I have, so I figured I share sample of a bad dream with happy ending.
Also I am serious when say that this forum might be an addiction. Dreaming about posting on the forum ? I think I need to talk to shrink about this.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You know, your mother being a psychologist could probably help you with this,
Or maybe she's the cause??

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it is the influence her patients had on me

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How many people here have dreams about jetboaters.net ?

I do, but only when I am haunted by steering cable repairs or engine overheat situations with my boat.

If they do, how many of them think about posting it while actually still dreaming ?

This is very unusual for a boat forum, but I am sure not that strange for Instagram, FB or Snapchat users.

And out those how many actually post a write up in real life about how messed up their subconscious is ?

Not me, but takes some balls though, so kudos to you.

Is this still a dream or real life?

This is an online forum. It is not real life. Real life is family, friends, boating, working etc. Kind of like when you were a little kid, we are your imaginary social media friends.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is an online forum. It is not real life. Real life is family, friends, boating, working etc. Kind of like when you were a little kid, we are your imaginary social media friends.
I don't know that I can agree with this...my imaginary friends did not video chat with a removed air intake in their hands to enlighten me on an upcoming repair... Or offer helpful tips on how to maintain my gear and solve mechanical problems... this rings true in real life too.

I certainly perceive how someone outside could perceive some of the activity here as potential addiction, but mine is cured with boating....so there is that.

Back to topic....What an Adventure...Too bad he got away, but at least not with too much, and hurting just a bit.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Would a dream about jetboating qualify as a wet dream?