• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The only way to fly....

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ha! Sounds like a high school comeback!!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alright Picture Boys, keep your shirts on.

@BigN8 : This is just the way it is around here. ;)

Here's a shot out the window on the way from Milwaukee to Johnstown PA. That lake is Lake St. Clair near Detroit MI.

Soaring in the Wild Blue Yonder:

Here's some Fall Foliage on Final to Johnstown PA:

When we got back on the plane to leave, we were waiting for the pilots to re-file the Flight Plan (we got back from our business venture early). While we were sitting there, we had a Navy Chopper land nearby:

Here's an up-close look when it was on the ground (sorry 'bout the glare on the window):

And finally: Leaving Johnstown for home.

The best part about flying Corporate plane? No airport, no terminal, no lines.

We arrived at the airport at 6:40 and were in the air by 6:50 (sorry, had to pee).

We parked right next to the building and could see the plane on the other side of the hanger. (On cold/wet days they leave the plane inside and let us get on BEFORE they pull it out of the hanger. We are not, after all, savages.)

I think we probably took 100 steps or so from the parking lot to the plane.

They cater with large baskets of fruit and sweets in the morning and a cooler full of beer on the way back. (Alas, you have to be your own steward/stewardess, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for my company.)

We used to have a Cessna Citation III and that was a nice plane. Today was my first Corporate Jet flight in quite a few years and the new jet is MUCH nicer. (Unbelievably, this plane-buff did not take note of exactly what it was - sigh. I MUST be getting old.)

Hoping for a few more flights in the coming months. We've got a project that has the potential to have me in Pittsburg a few times between now and the end of 2015. I'm hoping we use our own plane for those. Lord, I hate commercial flying... (no offense Mel. ;))

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I use to fly corporate aircraft. Definitely a different level of experience! As far as a job goes you couldn't pay me enough to keep my cell phone glued to my hip over an airline schedule now! I do miss the higher class and professionalism, though.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use to fly corporate aircraft. Definitely a different level of experience! As far as a job goes you couldn't pay me enough to keep my cell phone glued to my hip over an airline schedule now! I do miss the higher class and professionalism, though.
Yeah, I'll bet the on-call stuff REALLY sucks for a pilot. My former next-door neighbor used to fly a corporate King Air out of Sheboygan. He was always there-and-gone at really odd hours and times of the week.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
SO Jealous...I fight airports WAY too much. If I could just get the DOD to realize how damn important I am. Ugh, Flying to SLC, UT next week and then Japan 30 October for a month.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm guessing his ride was a Citation Sovereign... this one perhaps:

CitationSovereign.jpg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bet it was a citation 5. My former employer had 2. I've actually flown it a couple times for customer visits. They would hit my expense budget for $9000 every time I used it. But sooooooo worth it!

One time flew a group to OH Wednesday night for a customer visit, got up next morning, ate breakfast at Firestone CC, played 18, then ate lunch at the CC, jumped on the plane at the regional airport and was home in Dallas for dinner with the family.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes. Definitely a Sovereign.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh yea... nice flaps!

photo2.jpg

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Googled the Citation 5 interior and the Sovereign interior - it was definitely a Sovereign we were on.

I do have a pic of the interior but there are fellow employees in it and I don't want to post it for privacy reasons.

As far as not taking a pic of the exterior.... Again: I must be getting old.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bet it was a citation 5. My former employer had 2. I've actually flown it a couple times for customer visits. They would hit my expense budget for $9000 every time I used it. But sooooooo worth it!

One time flew a group to OH Wednesday night for a customer visit, got up next morning, ate breakfast at Firestone CC, played 18, then ate lunch at the CC, jumped on the plane at the regional airport and was home in Dallas for dinner with the family.
You know, all the other "fun" stuff aside, if you look at the folks we had on that plane and the value of their time to the company, it was well worth it to not have them standing in line at the airport. Plus, we were able to talk business (somewhat) in flight - something you just can't do when flying commercial.

The big surprise to me was the WiFi. I was able to remote into my desk computer at work and get some work done that would be waiting for me in the morning if I hadn't.

All-in-all it's a great way to go.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm very jealous. A few years ago I was part of a team that negotiated a large (multi-billion dollar) agreement. The other party to the contract invited us to ride on their corporate jet to the signing party. The lead on our side asked for permission instead of forgiveness. Permission was denied since the value of each seat exceeded our company's corporate policy limit for gifts from vendors ($25) and we could not reciprocate by giving them a ride in the future since we didn't have access to our company's jets. That's life, maybe someday.

@biglar155 , I would if I could too.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ahhh, I remember the arena football days working in the old War Memorial Arena at the Johnstown Riverhawks games...it was a dead town years ago, what the heck you got going on in that neck of the woods??? Must be health care they do have a nice hospital. Isn't this the town they filmed "All the Right Moves" in? Nice jet; I still prefer first class commercial.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
All I can think of is Airplane Repo...Mike Kennedy would steal those things in a heartbeat. Make sure the company makes the payments!