• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The perfect tow hitch (for me, currently)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For context, the first pic below and response are from the “Show us what you see!” Thread.
QUOTE="Scottintexas, post: 649199, member: 138"]
so what makes a good hitch from a bad ??? what made you "upgrade" so many times ?
[/QUOTE]

The perfect hitch for me, right now, is the one at the bottom of the second pic. It has a cushion built into it and a 2” ball attached to a hinged ball mount. The latter two items reduce, almost eliminates, all the sounds produced during start and stop towing.

Why An 8” drop? Simply put, that’s the drop down I need to keep the height of the trailer tongue level when attached to the tow vehicle. Other considerations are how steep the incline of my driveway is, what the maximum low and high adjustability of the trailer Jack are and whether the trailer has a spare mounted under or the side of it.

When using the 8” Drop and the boat trailer with a side mounted spare neither the back of the trailer nor the bottom of the tow ball make contact with the ground and i can raise and lower the tongue using only the trailer Jack, no need to supplement with a bottle Jack.

I’m the past I had a doffent driveway incline and many different tow vehicles which resulted in many different drawbars/configurations.

finally, I am a big proponent of the front hitch and now moving trailers around with a golf cart. This required an extension and drawbars that are mounted upside down to raise the tow point instead of lower it.
B07311AA-87EB-43F7-9275-0F9BA4A3FEFE.jpegC744C406-2820-4397-96FE-B530E88587F3.jpeg26568DC6-D953-4343-8E1B-69500E7E50E3.jpeg4128870B-30AB-4F92-A50A-D91FDD77F041.jpegEEF85074-46FB-45E2-9E1B-8D7DFD029B0B.jpeg695AD1F5-7D67-4984-95A6-67DB3E961852.jpeg

Last edited: