• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Rant Thread!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nothing to show tonight...!
Just seeing RED...
(I thought I would share, anyway...)
upload_2018-12-5_22-29-51.png

So - I drive in this city here, everyday, for work etc. Which kind of sucks, but it is what it is. Most days - no issues. Tonight - no such luck. I get rear ended! (and not the first time...)
Thank God, the damage is not bad. So, it happens. Right?
Well... yes. But... it gets a little bit more interesting...

After few tense moments the driver that hit my truck finally stops... Oh, good. He is not shooting at me or anything, so I decide to approach. He does not appear to be in the mood to exchange information though... Nothing too too aggressive, just not very polite.
So, I figure - gotta wait for the cops. He's really not a happy camper when I share that, lol.
(I really don't care at this point, I'm super p-o-ed...)
A cop shows up after an hour, fun times.
(God bless the STL PD, here in STL cops have real work to do! I almost feel guilty, lol)

So, turns out the driver has... no license.
He also has... no insurance.
There is no insurance on the car, and apparently it is not his car (?).
There is also... no registration, car has... no registration plates, and I mean - none! (not even temporary, or anything)
Yeah, great...

And here is the real kicker:
The cop gives him a ticket/s (?) and the guy is... free to go. I mean: free to go. As in: drive away! his unlicensed @ss, his unregistered, uninsured car and all!
I kid you not.

Welcome to St. Louis, MO, post Ferguson and post 2015 MO judicial reforms.

EDIT: The cop (who is African American) looks about as excited as I am...
(And yes, I'm told I'm free to pursue the driver through my insurance, lol.)
The guy (offender) doesn't have to pay those tickets anyway, or show up in court, or anything. Pretty much everything he did/is doing is illegal but all the offenses are in-enforceable here!

RANT OVER

--

Attachments

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
20181206_070004.jpg Wow, that sucks. Is the L.C. Ok? Very surprised the police did not tow it away, impound. IDK, maybe they figured they were not going to get their money for that either. So they cut them loose. B.S. If your insurance does pursue the driver, if they even gave you/police the correct info. It could take a while to get reimbursed. Don't hold your breath, your ins. will fix the damages for uninsured drivers. We are still waiting to be paid in a judgement where we were awarded damages this past July. It took two years of lawyering in the system to get there. The system has flaws for sure. And Lawyers will just charge more money, that will not be recouped, to get us the funds we were awarded in the judgement. Not impressed with the whole court, lawyers experience. It does not sit well with me that you can lose, ignore the judgement and never pay restitution.

Edit: This Rant Alert could be a thread of its own. Plenty of material out there to bitch about.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s funny how a small incident like that makes me:
  1. Count my blessings
  2. Keep on boating! (community that still values taking personal responsibility, also why I love to get my kids involved)
  3. Post in JB.net “Show us what you see!” (next time I promise I’ll post more pics, with another “Missouri Special”, Lol)
As far as the insurance, they can not do anything. Basically, I get no points but they treat it similar to a single vehicle accident, or a weather event etc.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol! Agree this probably could be its own "Rant" thread. But I'm going to join in anyway.

Sorry to hear about your situation... I don't know how something like that can just be allowed to slide. I feel I can sympathize a bit.

The wife's Tundra was hit a few months ago by some lady driving excessively fast thru a parking lot. Although it's tempting to go into great detail I'll keep it somewhat brief. Following the accident the lady seemed nice, exchanged some info but no insurance info (gave some excuse). The accident happened in front of her families diner.

Anyway, long story short. My wife's insurance needed more info to contact her insurance (assuming she had none), or a current address. They made multiple attempts to contact the woman, but she ignored every call, claimed not to have been in an accident via email, and ignored a kindly request for info via text from my wife.

After contacting the police to see if they had the ability to share any info we got a call back from an officer. He immediately recognized the ladies name (and what vehicle she drove) but couldn't share any info other than to suggest we look we look her up on the county jails booking website. Also suggested we don't attempt to speak to her in person... That was unnerving... It appears she was booked in to jail 3 separate times on various drug charges.

Meanwhile I used my best internet stalking skills and found her address. A month later, my wife's truck is in the shop being repaired when miraculously after she was sent a letter placing her at fault and threatening suit her phone starts working again to text my wife back. Her reply was to say she's confused how she's being told she's at fault. The wife neglected to reply.

Fast forward 4 months, we paid our deductible to get the tundra repaired and left the insurance to fight the other party. They've yet to go to arbitration. To top it all off, the other vehicle is still parked in disrepair in front of her family's diner, which coincidentally went out of business one month ago.

I'm not all that optimistic that we will see our deductible back.

Last edited:

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski I had the very same experience here in WA State. Stopped at a red light and got hit so hard from behind that it totalled my truck and damaged the one in front of me as well.

Driver - no license, no insurance and no registration was cuffed and hauled off to jail. That didn't help replace my truck though!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
OK...made this its own rant thread!

I f'ing hate Waste Mgmt! Been with them since we moved here to NC, and they SUCK! They keep missing picking up our recycling and we pay $10 more a month for this privilege!

I called them today and ask "So what do I get extra for the $10 more a month I pay you guys?"
Reply "Not sure what you mean sir?"
Me "I pay you more per month than your competition, why? What do I get?"
Reply "Nothing I guess"
Me "Actually, I get WORSE service than the competition and pay more! Do you at least price match?"
Reply "No sir we don't. New service customers pay more than you do".
Me "Poor bastards! How about gold plated garbage cans? Can I get one of those?"
Reply "laughs....uh....no sir."

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
WOW does not even begin to cover it.

Would you and family consider relocating ??? There are places where police show up in less than 5 minutes.

http://time.com/money/collection/2018-best-places-to-live/
Funny, Cary NC shows up as #5 on that list. Locals call it "CARY - Containment Area for Relocated Yankees", more strict HOAs per Square mile than anywhere in the country (I made that up). Nice place to visit and take advantage of their amenities....we specifically crossed it off our list of somewhere to move to!

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
love ranting. I am, by nature, passive agressive. and the incident described in the OP. I Would have snapped. guaranteed. Probably got myself into the officer's book. I am prone to over reacting at the wrong times. Under reacting when I should react lol

reading these others. its actually helpful, folks.

couple recent ones. Wife is an executive for a retail company. Has to deal with shitty people on the daily. Ill never understand blaming a 12$/hr employee becuase you couldnt get your fat A$$ in there earlier to get your cheap chinese tv and theyre gone. I could go on with that rant because its a metaphor for much of what i dislike about society...but... I wont FOR NOW. Just know, if you're one of these people, and treat retail or food service workers like crap, i hate you, and I have NO patience for your stupidity and disrespect. :p

Because of her position, shes usually working... And we do NOT join in the black Friday nonsense anyways because Its embarrassing to see the madness. That being said, we both had to.

-She needed craft supplies for the weekend. some team building stuff she does during the holiday season-its been nuts for her employees, AND HERSELF! Craft store. JAAAAMMMM packed. I wait in line with her 15 minutes.. 2 registers. she gets to front. MIllenial face pierced type Employee kills light, shuts off register. looks wife in the eyes "I have to go on break now" goes outside and smokes within our field of view... LOL wife: "are you fu**ing kidding me?!" yeaaaaaah you could feel the patience leave her soul. :D I was dying.

-Black Friday evening. My son had been refereeing little kid soccer games to make some money to buy a screen for his iphone, he had cracked it. I could have fixed it but it was a parenting opportunity-IE: hes 11 should have been more careful. He finally got his check, and we ordered it... came in that day...he was excited to fix it. but the tool kit I ordered did NOT. So, look online, walmart only one that has a kit-just needed the pentalobe, i lost mine lol. we live in a near rural area, so not easy to find. I go. to walmart on black friday. look ALLLL over, its a nightmare in there, as is par for that course. (we rarely do WM, as its a competitor on top of just blowing goats) I'm looking online, their website says they have it, find an employee. He walks up the aisle, 10ft, and back. and says "Well i dont see it" then walks away. customer service A++ lol....I give up. Shop Target People. -I did find a pentalobe within a "gift bag" kit as I was leaving though!

-few days later i'm driving home, see Police lights go off in front of me. Thought to myself. "ha wouldnt it be funny if that was my fam?" they had just headed home from haircuts as I was leaving work...get closer. could tell Its a pathfinder. hmmm closer still I see the soccer club sticker... oh $hit its them! roll by, my son, 15 year old learning permitted only driver at the wheel, i was panicking. anyways, I pull over on the next hill...texting the mrs in the right seat.... getting play by play. Pulled over for window tint! Nonsense we bought the truck with it. Whatever... I say make him measure it with a sensor before you sign the ticket. "i don't have a sensor" Lets him off with a warning, but was apparently a huge d!ck about it. Wife was freaked... He could have had his license delayed for THAT?!

I am very glad it was her driving with him. That would have been for sure the straw that broke my back this month. I would have been a passive agressive jerk back to him.... and got a ticket plus for sure. lol

keep ranting folks!

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ohhhh second rant

ever try to quit direct tv? Dont do it if youre already in a crap mood. thats all I will divulge at this time. LOL

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny, Cary NC shows up as #5 on that list. Locals call it "CARY - Containment Area for Relocated Yankees", more strict HOAs per Square mile than anywhere in the country (I made that up). Nice place to visit and take advantage of their amenities....we specifically crossed it off our list of somewhere to move to!

you definitly made that up because the most restrictive HOA in the country is right here....
Notable examples.....

1. no street parking , no driveway parking, no back yard parking or storing
  2. no weeds allowed in the front yard ( regardless of height)
  3. need to get approval to plant flowers, trees or anything that is visible.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you! Great idea for a thread. Already feel better.
Which is good because I'm getting estimates in the 2-3k range, :banghead:, and there is approximately zero chance of getting anything out of the other guy from what I hear... the Liberty Mutual Insurance (my provider) are taking it up with the dude and the police here, but they were just about in disbelieve the guy was allowed to just drive away. Oh, well...

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW does not even begin to cover it.

Would you and family consider relocating ??? There are places where police show up in less than 5 minutes.

http://time.com/money/collection/2018-best-places-to-live/
Damn, nice read, but why oh why would I possibly want to move...? St. Louis is already number ONE this year!
https://247wallst.com/special-report/2018/10/17/25-most-dangerous-cities-in-america-4/6/
upload_2018-12-6_15-19-42.png

And, another fun fact - looking at the data from my own place of employment - we also lead the nation in the rates of syphilis and gonorrhea infections, and rank pretty high in several other interesting statistics!
(which are kind of stupid, actually, at the end of the day those are just looking at the "city" with its <200,000 inhabitants within the "greater St. Louis" of > 3 million, but that's another topic for another day)

--

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I f'ing hate Waste Mgmt! Been with them since we moved here to NC, and they SUCK! They keep missing picking up our recycling and we pay $10 more a month for this privilege!

I called them today and ask "So what do I get extra for the $10 more a month I pay you guys?"
Reply "Not sure what you mean sir?"
Me "I pay you more per month than your competition, why? What do I get?"
Reply "Nothing I guess"
Me "Actually, I get WORSE service than the competition and pay more! Do you at least price match?"
Reply "No sir we don't. New service customers pay more than you do".
Me "Poor bastards! How about gold plated garbage cans? Can I get one of those?"
Reply "laughs....uh....no sir."
We use Waste Mgmt and we also paid more to have a recycling bin. They got sued for picking up the recycling and dumping it with the rest of the trash. At least they were picking ours up!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
what are you waiting for? Move in at your older sisters neck of the woods where poverty rate is less than 2%. LOL

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
RANT...

Have had 8GB data with Verizon for the past couple years for my wife and I. Always came close if not over the 8 month after month. would pay the extra $20 for an extra gig time and time again. We would limit our streaming and make sure we were on wifi when we could be to reduce the data charges. PITA!

3 months ago I switched us to the unlimited plan. Me to the wife... GO CRAZY, download everything, forget about wifi, you're FREE, it's all unlimited. yippee!! I streamed movies/music etc. Used it as a hotspot when traveling. Purposely splurged on our data usage.

Since I have switched to unlimited, I have not been able to get over 6GB in any single month. WTF Verizon. Something just doesn't smell right!

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Enjoying this thread (and the General Off Topic Forum), a fun diversion from the daily BS that is involved in ridding my life from Florence’s visit to Wilmington, NC in September. Not much for ranting, so I decided to write a Haiku.

The structure according to wiki:

“a three-line format with 17 syllables arranged in a 5–7–5 pattern .... poets want their haiku to be expressed in one breath ... little or no punctuation or capitalization.”

Hope I got my syllable counts right ... here goes:

Florence ate my house
labor is in short supply
please don’t build that wall

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you! Great idea for a thread. Already feel better.
Which is good because I'm getting estimates in the 2-3k range, :banghead:, and there is approximately zero chance of getting anything out of the other guy from what I hear... the Liberty Mutual Insurance (my provider) are taking it up with the dude and the police here, but they were just about in disbelieve the guy was allowed to just drive away. Oh, well...

--
You'd think that the cops would impound his vehicle, then if he can't pay for the damages, they sell the vehicle and give you your money!!! That or they take a cash escrow to cover the damages....

But I'm sure there is some reason this isn't done??? Then he'd have no way to get to the bar at night? :rolleyes::env:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn that sucks, but I hate to add to it.... My wife got hit by an uninsured driver a few years ago. So my insurance kicked in, great right? Wrong, the next year when it's time to renew my premium went up. I called them and asked why. They said because of the accident my wife had. I deplore that it was not her fault, there is a police report etc, etc, etc. They say, yeah that is right, but because my insurance had to kick in it counts as an occurance, therefore the premium increase. Are you F'ing kidding me???