• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The wait is over - She's Here!

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My wife and I picked up our new boat today. If you recall, in a few other threads. we ordered a 242 Limited S e-series but the e-series Bimini structure did not work for us so we swapped it out for a non e-series tower. The change took a little bit as the e tower has wires running down both sides of it and the non is just on one side so they needed to re-route some wires to make everything work. It came out great!

Now we have all the e-series options except for the solar panels and the bikini structure.

Can't wait to do the maiden voyage! Bring on some warm weather.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Beautiful boat. What was your issue with the new bimini? Storage?

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are on a chain of lakes and to get through we need to fold the tower. That, and we just didn't like it.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tell us more about this "bikini structure." :p

Just kidding. Congratulations, she's a beauty.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome. Beautiful boat, congrats on taking delivery.

Ps, I'm envious of your high ceiling garage too.

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Beautiful boat. What was your issue with the new bimini? Storage?
We are on a chain of lakes and to get through we need to fold the tower. That, and we just didn't like it.
Tell us more about this "bikini structure." :p

Just kidding. Congratulations, she's a beauty.
Thank you all for the comment. We cant wait to get her out. Maybe in about 3-4 weeks. In the mean time, I am sure I will be looking at some mods. Not sure yet, but some tower racks and speakers might be in the picture.

Gene Konzen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife and I picked up our new boat today. If you recall, in a few other threads. we ordered a 242 Limited S e-series but the e-series Bimini structure did not work for us so we swapped it out for a non e-series tower. The change took a little bit as the e tower has wires running down both sides of it and the non is just on one side so they needed to re-route some wires to make everything work. It came out great!

Now we have all the e-series options except for the solar panels and the bikini structure.

Can't wait to do the maiden voyage! Bring on some warm weather.

How much did it cost?? I love the Eseries and looking at one of the 2016 models but hate the Tower. I would love to do what you have done here.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How much did it cost?? I love the Eseries and looking at one of the 2016 models but hate the Tower. I would love to do what you have done here.
So this was built into the price of the boat. The dealer reduced the price about $3000 off agreed purchase price.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great boat. Congrats. Love the red/black