• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

The Winter That Never Ends

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is bullish-t!
70 degrees Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Docks are all in. Get all excited for boating season to finally arrive.
And we wake up to 2" of snow in the driveway, town trucks spread salt, and mid 40's for the high today. WTF????
Came home from work and the kids were so proud to show me their snowman? Yeah - F'in wonderful. :mad:

LOL
I agree man! Snow melted today for us. No good weather in the forcast yet though. Went out Saturday, had a good time, then figured we would wash the boat this week up really good to get ready for the season. Guess not. Not gonna wash it in my snow pants and winter coat.

@octavio3311 I'd say it's time to move south, but it was 29 degrees North of Atlanta this morning. We're upper 30s for our low tonight as well. So if you are moving south, keep going to Florida!

For us too, we moved to Atlanta from Tampa about 6 years ago, and it may be time to move back!

We actually talked about Kentucky around the Cumberland area but decided that would wait till after kids move out.

Yep - I've got 13 yo twins. As soon as their off to college - I'm heading south.

I had an opportunity of a lifetime to move to Florida back in 96', but the wife said "NOOOOO" - she couldn't move that far from her mom and family. All these years later - now she says "you know, we should've moved when we had that chance". :wideyed:Shut up woman!!!:banghead:

I feel for you @octavio3311 . It looks like it is on the warm up here and hopefully going to stay there.

Yep - I've got 13 yo twins. As soon as their off to college - I'm heading south.

I had an opportunity of a lifetime to move to Florida back in 96', but the wife said "NOOOOO" - she couldn't move that far from her mom and family. All these years later - now she says "you know, we should've moved when we had that chance". :wideyed:Shut up woman!!!:banghead:

Actually, that's the same reason we haven't moved back!

We actually talked about Kentucky around the Cumberland area but decided that would wait till after kids move out.

Lots of ppl move here when the nest is empty, it's a great area to retire to. Buy a lake home close to a boat ramp and live on the water.

I agree this winter is bs. Looks more like February than April outside here this morning.

Doesn't matter if its 15degrees here next weekend. The V-lift is getting installed and the boat in the water...Hell I have 2 co-workers that have already said they will go on the tube on day 1 no matter the water temp !!!( Currently about 40degrees)

Thats crazy talk! Get some video if you actually get them in the water.

Just got 7 inches of snow yesterday up here in the great frozen north of Minnesota. That's why we're moving to Arizona in June...

Just got 7 inches of snow yesterday up here in the great frozen north of Minnesota. That's why we're moving to Arizona in June...

7? 15 here. Either way, good move. :)

@leeatmg Let's plan on getting together at the lake once you are settled in to our great State. If you are buying a home in Arizona my Wife is a Licensed Mortgage Professional at Suburban Mortgage.
We should definitely do that. I've had some good advice from others (including @Magic) about the lakes down there, and we were there a few weeks ago on a vacation and had the pleasure of taking the Desert Belle cruise on Saguaro. Not sure where we will live yet, and not sure if we will buy or rent, but we are being relocated and as such may use their mortgage folks for the benefits. I'm always interested in a second opinion and/or better offer, so if you'd like, PM me your wife's info and when that time comes (June or so) I'll keep her in mind.

7? 15 here. Either way, good move. :)
Yeah, we just made the cut. We had friends in Eagan wondering what the heck we were talking about. They only got rain. My wife was returning late last night from a business trip, and took a limo. They could not believe how bad it was on the north side when the airport got zero...

But...15" is rough. Guess I shouldn't complain about the 7...we are just at SW side of the 94/694/494 junction, in the almost-rural areas of MG and I'm guessing but for 10 miles we would have had little or nothing.

All you guys moving south bring some of that wet stuff down here to Texas, preferably around Lubbock.:winkingthumbsup"

We should definitely do that. I've had some good advice from others (including @Magic) about the lakes down there, and we were there a few weeks ago on a vacation and had the pleasure of taking the Desert Belle cruise on Saguaro. Not sure where we will live yet, and not sure if we will buy or rent, but we are being relocated and as such may use their mortgage folks for the benefits. I'm always interested in a second opinion and/or better offer, so if you'd like, PM me your wife's info and when that time comes (June or so) I'll keep her in mind.
Let us know when the time gets close and we will exchange information and show Y'all around..:winkingthumbsup"

Let us know when the time gets close and we will exchange information and show Y'all around..:winkingthumbsup"
Thanks - I'd like that. Targeting a mid-June move right now, but that could change...

Back