• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Things we do to entertain ourselves outside of the boating realm...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well Bruce asked me to start a thread on my Bronco rest I mentioned in the Bimini thread. I figured why not start something that everyone could contribute of their extracurricular activities... I will start, you can follow the link to my Bronco build HERE. I will warn you it is currently 25 pages long, has lots of pictures and commentary. I hope you guys will enjoy it.

Wow, very impressive @Englewoodcowboy I wish I were around to see it in person, I had to skim through the 25 pages of bronco posts though.

The small speck on the lower right is me... Cat in the Hat classic route in Red Rocks, Las Vegas

image.jpg

The small speck on the lower right is me... Cat in the Hat classic route in Red Rocks, Las Vegas

View attachment 16287
Let me start by saying YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!! that is very cool!!! I would never do that . You are way braver than I. Looks like it would be a blast, as long as I was on the ground watching you....:D

@JC6275 Actually a very easy route...super fun and super exposed tho!

Nope not gonna happen!!!! Almost as CRAZY as people who jump out of perfectly working airplanes.... Not for me!!!:-)

Snow sports, running and playing with RC drift cars with my son has been it for me this year, so far anyway. Here is a video from footage taken a few weeks ago. I just slapped it together tonight and experimented with a few effects. @GiddYupJoe , thanks for the tip on recording with a DSLR, I used one to take footage of my son talking about his drift car.

High Def (720) version:

Low Res version

@McMark , simply stunning works of art!!!! Those are gorgeous!!!!! I have a soft spot for acoustics, but those look fantastic!!!Nice work my friend.:cool:

This will be great to see all of the other hobbies or past times. Already these are some great pictures!

For fun, I have been racing cars in the 24 hours of Lemons race. https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

Latest entry is a 1990 BMW 328 and prior cars have been a Saab 9-3t and ford thunderbird. We wrench on the cars and then try to run them through the weekend. For anyone that likes cars, it is a great option for you and a group of friends. You have to have a theme and our latest BMW theme is "Smoky and the Bandit". Our car is made to look like a Trans Am

Racetracks include Summit point in W. Virginia, Monticello NY, and NJ Motorsports park. All are great tracks

IMG_0122.JPG

Last edited:
Me...I build guitars when I'm not buzzing around or at my day job.

Those are beautiful. If I played I would want one for sure! Nice work!

About the time boating season ends archery season opens in Missouri. So most weekends I'll be in a tree waiting for Mr. Big Buck to come by. It is very cool to watch Mother Nature wake up in the mornings.

@4x15mph I have a buddy that has raced in that circuit as well as my next door neighbor whose racing in it this year with an old Supra. Being a BMW guy that is an e46 model so it is about 10 years newer than a 1990. Have fun and be safe!

@cozilla, you are right and it is so old that I was off by 10 years. My brother in law and I were just trying to figure out if it was an E36 or an E46 since it is a 1999 and that is the year that they switched. If you think of the name of their team, send me a PM. We have raced a few Supra's and it will be funny to put a face to a name or dent.

Snow sports, running and playing with RC drift cars with my son has been it for me this year, so far anyway. Here is a video from footage taken a few weeks ago. I just slapped it together tonight and experimented with a few effects. @GiddYupJoe , thanks for the tip on recording with a DSLR, I used one to take footage of my son talking about his drift car.

High Def (720) version:

Low Res version
@Ronnie the video of the drift cars had me and my boy drooling! I didn't even know that was a thing! Pretty slick.

@GiddYupJoe , funny thing is that we now have three drift cars (his, mine and our spare) but they have all been pretty much his, I just pay and wrench and enjoy the time with him.

Last weekend we went to a drift event, basically two permanent tracks set up in the man cave (a converted home) of some rich guy. I was controlling my rc car while sitting in front of the owners Porche 9xx with a whale tail and roll cage. My son was sitting In front of the guys two 1978 Datsun / Nissan skylines. We played video games for free on his arcade machines. It was all good, $5 each to race all day, until I came back from a bio break and my son said, "here is the deal, see that rc bmw ($2k easy), we had a head on collision and now the owner is looking for me." The short guy with the purple shirt? I replied. "No the big guy with the purple shirt behind the short guy." I went looking for the site administrator but nothing came of it, it's basically race at your own risk and the other guy drove over the center line into my sons lane so if anyone should have complained it was my son.

FYI I bought two of the cars used for around $300. The ready to run kits with nicad battery and charger sell for $300 new (Hpi sprint 2). I went used to get the upgraded motor and speed controller that can handle lipos (Hpi apront 2 flux) as well as the lipos and charger for them. Drifting is not my thing, I hit the drift tracks walls so often my sons nicknames for me are Wally and pinball, so we swap the plastic tires for rubber ones sometimes and run them at the local high school parking lot. They go 55 to 60 (unscaled) mph and they get there fast. A lot easier and much more fun for me. A lot closer to home as well.

IMG_22239880360813.jpeg well with all of this drift talk I suppose I will share this. A friend of mine is a custom bike and hot rod builder, he recently started building these "drift trikes" they are pretty cool... I didn't even know this was a thing , but I guess it's pretty popular. Anyway and I hope I don't get in trouble for this, But if you want to check them out you can on Facebook at Nichols paint and Fab, I know he has some pics and videos of these in action on there, or I think the website is Nicholspaintandfab.com I just thought some would find these interesting..

Nichols Paint and Fab Custom motorized drift trik…:
here is a video link to the trikes in action.. hopefully it works...

@JC6275 , that is cool, I don't dare show my son or he may be hounding me for one until his next Bday. I'd be concerned about the open wheel aspect of the trikes as there seems to be a lot of contact between the real and rc drift cars at almost every turn. Those guys on the trikes rose them like pros, no fear of hitting the support poles in an otherwise wide open space. He could make a few extra dollars by renting those that Trikes out, I'd rent one if I could do so nearby. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Back