• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thinking about a smart thermostat?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My daughter complains about the temp so much, she's cold all the time. I watch for her to turn on the heat on the unit upstairs up, then when she goes to bed, I turn it back down.... way down.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great find! If you have questions about Honeywell thermostats, hit me up. I have had two different models in two different homes. Advice is free.

Good luck!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@biffdotorg: I was leaning towards and Ecobee but the Honeywell looks nice. Did you look at Ecobee, Nest, etc?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Our previous house (which we sold in January) I had installed a very basic Honeywell WiFi Enabled thermostat.

Not only did this give us WiFi remote control in the home, but outside the home, so that we could adjust when on our way to and from the house. Our power company offered discounts for control, and we got reports on our usage in comparison to the previous month and same month the previous year.

In our new home, we have a much larger space and it almost needed a multi-zone climate control. So I looked into a Honeywell again, with sensors. This allows the thermostat to monitor multiple sensors for temp/humidity and motion. So it can be prioritized as to any of those items. This includes all the remote capabilities.

So I went with the Honeywell T9 (bought from Home depot in a kit with two sensors)

This unit is easy to read and program. Keep in mind, that I believe these are made by another company who bought the Honeywell name to help market these thermostats. As the software changed, support changed. In fact, I was unable to setup the new thermostat until I unloaded the old apps. The name that kept coming up was Resideo. No idea who they were until I called support.

All in all, it's a great product and the thermostat has learned how long it takes our HVAC to heat and cool the specified rooms, and how to average them to make the whole house comfortable. It's amazing how a single zone HVAC system can act like multi zone. Or at least keep the zone of our choice in the comfort level.

Good luck!

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Honeywell split into two companies. Resideo is the name of the home products company. I was looking forward to the new software, but it doesn’t work with my older thermostat. Bummer.