• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

This dude in Miami riding out storm in his boat. . . .

Is he a:

• Genius

• Moron

• Suicidal Maniac

• Imbecile in need of SERIOUS mental help

Results are only viewable after voting.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't think it's the storm surge he needs to worry about, it's all the other boats and debris that will be slamming into his boat!

I hope he makes it, wish I could subscribe to a follow up in a week or so.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I saw a news report this morning about fishing boats, bigger ones weathering the storm tied up in the mangroves.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Genius because he knows what I know..... NOAA's initial path almost always puts the highest population center on the landfall point as a warning.

There are many boats stuck on the west coast of Florida because they ran from the east coast due to the early predictions.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf Now this am as it is moving across the northern coast of Cuba, the new path takes it into the Gulf and west coast of Fla. Are you staying or going? Looks like my parents place in Englewood and their two boats are in the path now. They are up here for another couple of weeks, before their annual October migration.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The boat will float, but he will probably need to untie and get out the way! I bet any cleat or anchor tie will get ripped off the boat. Maybe he jas one of those rlastic ones.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf Now this am as it is moving across the northern coast of Cuba, the new path takes it into the Gulf and west coast of Fla. Are you staying or going? Looks like my parents place in Englewood and their two boats are in the path now. They are up here for another couple of weeks, before their annual October migration.
The newer tracks are better for me. My property has been in direct eye wall crossing until last night. Wind speeds are slowing down as predicted. Let's do this already!

All is well and calm in Naples...the Gulf was extraordinarily calm and beautiful this morning, I should have taken a pic.