• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

This is sad...

Big_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's hard to believe how some folks treat stuff... :confused:

Link <<-

D

It does need a little bit of work!

Will has an upholstery kit for it. It needs new fabric on the Bimini and probably a rebuilt engine. I bet she could be rebuilt for less than buying a similar boat in running condition.

Is the blue keel area normal?

Is the blue keel area normal?

It's not... That's bottom paint. If you look at the previous registration number, it looks to be a New York boat.

D

Walk away...just walk away.

I wonder if they would let me tie the boat to a tree and let me just pull away with the trailer? :-)

Yikes....thats going to cost a bundle to repair! $4K for upholtery, 5K for engine, and god knows what shape those pumps are in if it sat in salt water long enough to need bottom paint!

I don't think the keel area is normal. Looks like it's been painted

Now if you bought, insured it, and it accidentally caught on fire..............Cam.

OUCH!!! Not worth trying to save the $. I'll bet every cable is frozen up on that poor boat and the trailers probable in similar shape too. You'd be chasing problems forever trying to get it back into shape.

That there is what we call a "little project" in much the same way as the Moon Landing was a "little project."

Right... but my wheels are spinning here...
Replacement engines = better engines = more horsepower
Interior stuff seems to rip after a while anyways, so deck this thing out NICE
You can get Ecoboost 2.0 turbo's for 2-3k at junk yards, the control cable from Ford is 1500, and new interior was like 4k by the time you maybe put some speakers and cables in it?
So 6k, plus 4, plus 6, plus 3 = 19k for a 23 foot boat customized with 500 hp.
If I was boatless, I would probably pick it up and do such.

Every time I drive by a large storage lot I am always amazed at the way people store their boats. You would think something as expensive as a boat would get better treatment. That would not be a bad project but not for $10,000. I think seller is dreaming at that price and he definitely shows that he indeed knows little about boats. That is basically a trailer with a hull

Reactions: 007
That would not be a bad project but not for $10,000
He is asking $5950, he says it is $10K below what it is worth....personally I think it is still over priced.

You could not give me this boat...on top of the obvious, I'm sure the electronics, wires, ecu and even the stringers are compromised... Walk away...

He is asking $5950, he says it is $10K below what it is worth....personally I think it is still over priced.

Exactly. It's like he said, "well, the boat would be worth $16K if it were in good shape and it will take $10K to fix it, so it's worth $6K". That's just stupid. I hate to say it, but that boat could really be a total loss.

Back