• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

This looks pretty effective and it won't rip your pump off

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pretty slick.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The one thing I wonder about is why sell it only in a kit with a board and rope??

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
The one thing I wonder about is why sell it only in a kit with a board and rope??
2 reasons likely
1. Easier to hide the real cost to value in a package deal
2. Package a custom board that works well with a smaller wake so you get known/predictable results and in turn better reviews and PR around the booster product

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I did wonder about the same thing. But honestly when people actually use it with other boards or ropes etc if it does not produce the results it will be negative in the end and a lot of people will be complaining about it so it really does not make a lot of sense to me.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I did wonder about the same thing. But honestly when people actually use it with other boards or ropes etc if it does not produce the results it will be negative in the end and a lot of people will be complaining about it so it really does not make a lot of sense to me.
No not really, with these boats you need a fast board or one that works well with smaller wakes and less push, that’s just the way it is. The problem is not everyone is aware of that - imo this package likely helps solve that lack of understanding. It’s definitely a possiblity that board that works well on a nice wakeboard boat may never work well on a Yamaha. It kind of shows people what is possible with a board that is designed for small wakes rather than possibly leaving them to be frustrated with some other board

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is good to know so the reason may be that it is a balance of both for best results. Make sense now.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Some of the videos look promising showing novice adults surfing with just the booster. But it’ll be interesting to see how it unfolds when it is released and we have more real life reviews of it. I’m personally really considering taking a flyer on it and giving it a try.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Still a week to go, but I think we found the winner of the "Lowlife thread title of the year" award.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Two totally different things as I see them .

JCampbell

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's bad when pumps get torn off!
Perfect Cobra Jet Add.jpg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes but that was not torn off. The bottom bolt was not installed correctly, the bolt fell out and when being placed in reverse the nozzle flipped up and snapped off the top of the nozzle where the bolt pivots,
If you look at the bottom bolt mount that part is still intact. I also appreciate that the customers were actually honest about it. Interestingly the steering works fine with only the top bolt in place UNTIL YOU PUT IT IN REVERSE, because the reverse hood blocks the water from exiting the nozzle and redirects it to the bottom of the nozzle.
So do your homework before you try to make any inaccurate comments Or implications. I can see the top bolt on your picture bent up and the bottom mount was still intact. That just can't happen if the nozzle was ripped off now can it ?
I also warned people that that this could also happen to the lateral thrusters if the bottom bolt was not installed correctly and it certainly did.
Interestingly the steering works fine with the bottom bolt falling out and only the top bolt in place "UNTIL IT IS PUT IN REVERSE, because the reverse hood closes the rear exit of the nozzle blocking the thrust redirecting it to the bottom of the nozzle. Placing a lot of thrust against that reverse hood and the top bolt of the nozzle.

Here is one post where I let people know the truth steering nozzles will break if the bolt falls out .
I make them compatible with the magnum A K systems and the new ultimate A K systems I also offer alternate side force stabilizers for people with older steering if they want them. Some People are using them together plenty of posts on that here also however my VIPERS are not made to be compatible so if you tried to install them together that could be an issue.
INTERESTINGLY I have been notified of and posted some on my face book page a recent post on the Yamaha jetboaters Facebook page referencing broken nozzles from bolts falling out of the lateral thrusters this was sent to me as I do not go on that page however I do recall making a post about being careful with those bolts on 3 27 2018 in this thread
https://jetboaters.net/threads/jbp-lateral-thruster-mod-feedback-plz.16243/page-2#post-290422 I also referenced the comment I made in that post on my face book post.
I found it very interesting

https://www.facebook.com/2575845276...584527645178/2191295824274029/?type=3&theater

So with over 10 thousand Yamaha jet boats installing my steering only a few people did not follow the directions about the thread locking compound and anyone who has my systems will tell you I make it very clear about the thread locking compound.
But on the other hand several people had the exact same thing happen to their nozzles when installing the lateral thrusters in just a few months.
And no the lateral thrusters did not rip the nozzle off either just the improper install.
Like not tightening the lugs on a wheel if it falls off it isn't the wheel or the lugs at fault it's the install.
Now I would further invite some of my customers to tell us how many years their Cobra steering has been on their boats and how it works for them.
I take care to AVOID obstructions between the fins below the bottom of the nozzle. I make sure that the steering does not go more than about 2 inches behind the nozzle opening to avoid harmful leverage from the fins in high speed turns, my steering is working at all speeds with no issues because I design them to avoid excessive stresses .
I also appreciate that the customers were actually honest about it and when I asked if they used the thread locking compound they said the did not or were going to use it later etc. I also direct them to follow the instructions on the thread locking compound for curing time and I give them other tips because this little detail is very important.
So do your homework before you try to make any inaccurate comments Or implications I can see the top bolt on your picture bent up and the bottom mount was still intact. Meaning the bottom bolt fell out before the nozzle broke. So thanks for the opportunity to let people know that if they are told that BIG LIE please let me know .

www.cobrajetsteering.com Designing, building and manufacturing the most effective and most versatile aftermarket steering enhancements for jet boats and p w c' s . Visit our facebook page for more information
https://www.facebook.com/Cobra-jet-steering-257584527645178/?view_public_for=257584527645178
One name , 3 us patents with a fourth and possibly 5th and 6th patents pending.
Cobra jet steering puts you in control at any speed even off power and reverse.
It's like driving a new boat without the expense! Making jet boats steer and drivers smile since 2001 WE WON'T STEER YOU WRONG!
Cobra Jet Steering LLC, Aug 4, 2018 Report Bookmark

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This thing is a non starter for me. If I recall the wakebooster only works on boats 2016 and newer. While it is slick, Yamaha forgot about the vast majority oh jet boat owners by limiting its use to only select years. And has anyone heard a cost yet? I also don’t need the board and rope, why would they make you buy it if you’re not going to need it?/