• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts advise on a purchase

topgun7214

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thinking on purchasing a 242 Limited Yamaha with 150 hrs. Does anyone on the forum believe I have anything to worry about as far as the timing chain issue i've read about? The boat is super clean and has a lot of extras. Everything about it is sweet, very clean inside and out. The owner seems to be the guy who is very picky with his boat in all aspects. I am somewhat familiar with the boat but he made no mention of any maintenance concerns or issues. If I do end up with the timing chain does anyone believe Yamaha will work with me on the repair of a 6 y/o boat???

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What year? I think after 2015 the issue had been resolved

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
In reading threads on this topic for several years , I can't remember anyone saying that Yamaha has been proactive in replacing the "old"style timing chains ?? Some have indicated that Yamaha worked with them on parts and labor when a failure occurs , even in cases where the boat / engines are out of warranty.