• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

thoughts on base scarab 165 around fort Myers / sanibel

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
am relocating here and was thinking of getting one of these just to tool around island to island and the intercoastal waterway. possibly could get the 250 hp engine instead.....my question is how practical would this be on those waters for this familiar with the area....would be dry-docking it in between uses

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2015 165 HO and use it in Tampa Bay, the Intercoastal, and around Egmont key, Clearwater and Bradenton beach's. Smooth and light chop is nice but a moderate chop is doable but is a little ruff. I have a lot of fun with it in the Manatee rivers and have had it in the St Johns river. Just a fun little boat.

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It seems like it. I live in Sarasota now...but am new to Florida. Do you know of any places on the Gulf side that rent them or older sea doo boats close to same size by chance?

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live in cape coral and I'm out in my Yamaha ar240 all the time. One thing I will mention is there are a lot of other boats in this area and when coming out of all the slow speed zones it's a shit show. Meaning that it gets very rough in areas from all the other boat wake and I'm not sure how a 16' boat jet boat will handle that. Once your past all these slow speeds it does get better though. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions on the waterway.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With a 16 footer you will definitely be picking your days. Between weather and heavy traffic. Definitely Doable. But you’ll be giving up comfort. I think almost any 16 footer will give you an idea if it’s for you. Everyone has a different Threshold of what you’re willing to put up with. I have a friend who had a seadoo speedster and that drive me to buy a 21 seadoo as it was to rough for me and this was on a lake. Good luck with your search.