• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle cable breaks

Why does brand new throttle cable brake on first time it's used?

• New cable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First time used

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Joe k

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello new to the site and sport jets. We Bought a 98 tango, i found the shift cable was broken. Removed and replaced with new and when it was put in the water it broke again after giving it a lil gas pulling out of the channel any ideas why it would brake so soon? Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.........

Joe k

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you sure that the cable broke? Maybe it popped off?

Was it hard to throttle up and you pushed through it? If so I would move your throttle body and throttle shifter separately and see what is frozen up and then dig deeper on the stiff parts.

Joe k

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I got done Installing it and put in water.. When I give it throttle the throttle was shaking and jumping around then it stopped and after inspecting I found the linkage was broken where it threads into the steel shaft