• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Throttle Help Please 242 LS 2012

2devine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I read on this site a procedure on how to fix throttle drop at speed. When I took off the cover I noticed two screws that appear to be an adjustment. When I tightened them up (finger pointing to screws) I found the throttles to be stiffer to apply. However, the left throttle has play side to side(left to right) enough that the RPM changes when you let go. I also noticed that this left side screw moves around a lot when you jiggle the left throttle where the right one does not.

My question is there something that loosens up inside the box to fix this? Is this what the other posts talk about or is this screw adjustment new to the 2012 and newer?

Thanks before I take anything else apart.IMG_2613.JPGIMG_2614.JPG

Those screws have been on the binnacle since the first boats. They adjust the tightness of the throttles but do not solve the throttle drop issue, you need to take them apart and follow that thread with the detailed pictures and notes.

If you would like to consider the ThrottleSync it will prevent the throttle from dropping back.

Ok, Ok I read thru the thread as well as I listen to --well you know who. Anyway just making sure the screw that tightens the throttle jiggled that much prior to the mod. I didn't want to void anything opening her up if there was something else broke. Thanks for the replies. I did the mod today and boy what a difference. I used 3 layers of shrink tubing instead of tape. It worked perfect and I can't express how thankful I am to everyone on this thread. DO THIS MOD if you ever have throttle drop. Thanks again Dan.

Yup, the screws just tighten the amount of effort it takes to move the handles.
The throttle drop thread is for fixing that 500 rpm drop when you let go.

I've been wanting to do this but I'm afraid I'll screw something else up in the process. Was it pretty straight forward? Anything to be careful of?

Pull the whole unit onto your seat.
Don't drop the cables!
Do one side at a time once the whole thing is out.
You'll do fine

Back