• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle Lever Does Not Set at RPM?

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wanted to see if others are noticing this or not.

When I push the throttle forward and release is slips back about 1000 RPM. This makes it hard to set a speed. So say I want to hit 5k, I push forward to 5k, I hit the speed I want holding the throttle and all is good so release and it slows down. To hit 5k I have to go to about 6k and release.

Anyone else notice this?

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Going to look at the throttle tension adjustment at the back of the throttle control. Found a thread about taking this apart by @Speedling but not sure bit applies to a 2017.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Going to look at the throttle tension adjustment at the back of the throttle control. Found a thread about taking this apart by @Speedling but not sure bit applies to a 2017.
From what I have heard, it does indeed apply unless you have the drive by wire systems of say... the E series.

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
From what I have heard, it does indeed apply unless you have the drive by wire systems of say... the E series.
Is the throttle assembly the same on the FSH and others (just in a different spot). I would think so.

I find it hard to believe that this would not be addressed with years of notice. I have to take the boat for winter storage and 10 hrs before the snow flies and will see if they can resolve this.
I know one of the tech is on the forums so that might help with them doing the correct fix.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was a big problem when we first got the boat, for some reason it doesn't seem to be a problem now at all?

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was a big problem when we first got the boat, for some reason it doesn't seem to be a problem now at all?
I like this fix the best.

Steve Carter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine still does this. I bought the boat last year and now I have about 65 hrs on the engine. If you find out how to correct it, I would like to know. I was hoping that it would have worked it self out by now. I haven't really looked into this problem since I don't use the cruise assist that much.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My boat did this new from the factory. I adjusted the throttle tension screw at the base of each throttle and it fixed it. Very easy fix! Just pop the oval shaped cover off the base and turn the flat head screws clockwise to increase tension.

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My boat did this new from the factory. I adjusted the throttle tension screw at the base of each throttle and it fixed it. Very easy fix! Just pop the oval shaped cover off the base and turn the flat head screws clockwise to increase tension.
This is what I was going to do first. Good to know that this might solve it. Thanks.