• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Throttle quadrant options - new to me 2003 SX230

Fspeier

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hello,

i took my new to me 2003 SX230 out on the lake for the first time, after having spent the spring rebuilding the jet pumps, installing new props and overall fixing up the boat.
i am fairly used to driving twin screw boats, but my experience mainly comes from 40ft sailing catamarans with two engines. So I thought the Yamaha would be easy for me. Well, not so.
my main issue is that my throttle quadrant - see picture below- has three levers, one for the forward backward and two for the throttles. Now that confused me because any other twin boat I have driven combines the throttles with the gear so that you have two levers total. That seems way better to me as I can feel both levers without looking at them or letting go of a throttle and also because I can have one in forward and one on reverse at the same time, which is pretty handy at the dock.
it seems to me some of the bots have that ? So the question is, can I update my 2003 to a throttle quadrant that is more I tuition to use with two levers only with a reasonable amount of work?

thank you. And by the way the boat came with an old set of cobra steering attached. This one does not move but is fixed. See picture

thank you for any advice on the throttle.
Florian

Attachments

• 6E451DBB-517F-404E-87CF-E12D9F84F6F8.jpeg
    6E451DBB-517F-404E-87CF-E12D9F84F6F8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • FA4D2F4D-2DED-40E5-8E6D-1A5C0DD88C0F.jpeg
    FA4D2F4D-2DED-40E5-8E6D-1A5C0DD88C0F.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
They switched to newer 2 lever throttles in late 2003/2004. You can perhaps find one online.

Back