• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle sync.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently bought a 2021 ar250. I was a big block, loud go fast guy but have grown away from that liking all I hear about the jet boat fun and practical boating. I’m just learning the boat and looking forward to it. Live in the Midwest and weather not to good yet. I’m sure I will have many but my first question is how can I get that 3D throttle sync I’ve seen on the previous threads. The jet boat pilot is not available yet plus expensive. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Berberman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone found a solution for the newer models? @jetboatnewbee what 3D throttle sync are you referring to?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone found a solution for the newer models? @jetboatnewbee what 3D throttle sync are you referring to?
He hasn’t been around in a year.

There used to be a mechanical device offered to link the two throttles on older boats.
I’m not sure how well that would work, I have to do some pretty creative hand maneuvers to keep my RPMs synced and you couldn’t do that if the levers were locked together.

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m attempting to revive this thread.

I have a 2022 AR210, & would love a throttle sync.

I’ve asked JetboatPilot Customer Service, and they don’t make it for boats newer than 2017 (as stated on their website).

My hope is if there’s enough demand, they would consider making it for the newer models.

Maybe if enough people respond, Will would update the sync for newer models?

Shack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m attempting to revive this thread.

I have a 2022 AR210, & would love a throttle sync.

I’ve asked JetboatPilot Customer Service, and they don’t make it for boats newer than 2017 (as stated on their website).

My hope is if there’s enough demand, they would consider making it for the newer models.

Maybe if enough people respond, Will would update the sync for newer models?
I have a ‘20 ar240 and I would be in on buying one!

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a ‘20 ar240 and I would be in on buying one!
I just started a new thread and moved the subject to the general discussion…with the hope of getting some responses from others who want one.

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also have questions on the throttle sync on a 2020 AR210. What are the options for it if any?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I also have questions on the throttle sync on a 2020 AR210. What are the options for it if any?
Electronic syncing is available with a ridesteady speed control system from hydrophase.

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife has concerns when she pilots the boat with the dual throttle controls. She is worried that she will send us in a tailspin by hitting one throttle more than the other.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ridesteady @Ridesteady will take care of that..its called the "Marriage Saver"
Easy to install and #1 mod for me..customer support top notch and always responsive. I've had both Perfect Pass and Ridesteady on my 212x..no comparison.

FSUjmm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would def be interested in the throttle synch for a 2022 210 FSH

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just finished the first boat ride with the Hydrophase Ridesteady and it is magic for the throttle sync. I am figuring it out but I set it for my usual cruising rpm of 5800 to 6000 and you throttle up and it goes smoothly to it with no issues. Both engines go to exact rpm so no more tapping throttles back and forth trying to get matching rpm’s. Simply dial up or down for changes for faster or slower. @Ridesteady

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just finished the first boat ride with the Hydrophase Ridesteady and it is magic for the throttle sync. I am figuring it out but I set it for my usual cruising rpm of 5800 to 6000 and you throttle up and it goes smoothly to it with no issues. Both engines go to exact rpm so no more tapping throttles back and forth trying to get matching rpm’s. Simply dial up or down for changes for faster or slower. @Ridesteady
Thanks so much for the kind words, @YoDaddy292 !

RPM is great for fuel-efficient cruising and electronic engine sync keeps your ears happy. So glad to hear it's working well for you so far! :cool:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have Ridesteady throttle sync and it's amazing. On the other hand, if your twin throttle cables are tight, you can very easily "bump" the throttles to sync up the drone. If I'm running without RS on, I can sync my STBD motor by the 200-400 RPM it needs just by giving the throttle a slight nudge faster, and the drone is completely gone.

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was hoping a Throttle Sync would be available for my '23 AR220 as I had one on my '17 AR210 and I loved it. After a couple outings on the new boat and hating the dual throttles, I opted to crudely make something work on my own. It's not pretty but works great.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have Ridesteady throttle sync and it's amazing. On the other hand, if your twin throttle cables are tight, you can very easily "bump" the throttles to sync up the drone. If I'm running without RS on, I can sync my STBD motor by the 200-400 RPM it needs just by giving the throttle a slight nudge faster, and the drone is completely gone.
You may already be aware of this, but even if you have Ridesteady off, you can still have Ridesteady sync the engines, if you so choose. Just follow the instructions below (assuming firmware version 1.03 or greater).

ENG SYNC: FULL setting provides for engine sync any time the boat speed is above 8 MPH. “SYNC MSTR: AUTO”, which allows Ridesteady to select which engine to adjust for synchronization, must also be set for “full time” engine synchronization to work. They are not default options, so they must be selected in the settings if “full time” engine sync is desired.