• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttles goes down on their own

Gonzalo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi community

I recently bought an SX210 and this is my first boat. Super happy with it, but:
When I set a specific speed and I let go of the throttle levers, they will soon go down on their own. Say for example I set them to 5000 rpm, and I let go of the levers, then after 20 seconds they will go down to 4000 or 3500 (especially the left one). So if I want to maintain a certain speed, I need to keep my hands on the levers at all times.

Is this normal? or there's something wrong with them? I have my 10 hour service next week, and I wonder if I should tell them to fix that.

Thank you so much
Gonzalo

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've never heard of it before on a newer boat. Maybe your boat just has a Need for Speed!

That should be a straight forward cable assy that may need a simple adjustment. You should be under warranty, and for safety sake, I'd certainly let the dealer have them look at it that one.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
not sure which controls you have but typically there is a set screw in the controls that adjust the tension/drag. this keeps the handle in place. should be a simple 5 min adjustment. on my 232 that had the old mechanical controls it was a piece of cake and the screws were at the aft part of the box once you removed the cover. my 275 has all electronic controls. if you have that type, im not too sure where that setting is located

Gonzalo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you guys. I'll let them know. It's a brand new 2021 SX210. :)

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My 2020 212 port eng was doing the same thing. Set screw fixed it👍

Gonzalo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you very much! Are these the famous set screws?

accel2.png

Gonzalo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool, thank you all. I'll read that other thread also. 👍

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm assuming the 210 series are not E-throttles. If that is the case, those set screws are for tension. Go to the article that deals with "Throttle Drop" Once you do that fix, then you can loosen up those tension screws. As they are a bandaid fix to the real issue which is throttle drop, not tension.

Good luck