• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector - Anyone installed

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Did you ever get this installed?

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I did not!

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I have thurst vectors installed on my gts207 and it made a big difference with slow steering.
how did you install it? i had a problem with the bottom bolt not having enough clearance to remove. see picture below, if its as long as the top bolt, i have a ways to go on the threads.

http://imgur.com/Uv6Rjvx

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
how did you install it? i had a problem with the bottom bolt not having enough clearance to remove. see picture below, if its as long as the top bolt, i have a ways to go on the threads.

If I remember I had a really hard time getting that bottom bolt to thread in. I think there was like a little metal spacer that the bolt went into. I know I emailed Will from jetboatpilot and told him my issues. Another thing you will find is the fins won't raise up the whole way when underway cause they hit the reverse gate fin.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length

I believe you gotta pull the nozzle off and the bolt will drop out and then line it back up with the groove in the thrust vector

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
i'll give it another try then, i emailed Will as well last week and he was looking into modifying the strap or bracket for the bottom.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
i'll give it another try then, i emailed Will as well last week and he was looking into modifying the strap or bracket for the bottom.
If he ends up coming up with a new design let me know cause I would like to see what he would do for me. Let me know if you get it installed. Like I said the hardest part for me was getting that bottom screw to catch threads once you get the nozzle back on in place.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Did you ever end up getting the thrust vectors installed?

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
not yet, new part comes in tomorrow and should get my boat back from the dealer next week also. ill post an update after i get them on.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
not yet, new part comes in tomorrow and should get my boat back from the dealer next week also. ill post an update after i get them on.
Did Will end up making something different for you?

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Did Will end up making something different for you?
Yes, i got it installed on the boat yesterday, cant wait to try it out on the water!
IMG_20160410_100727.jpg IMG_20160410_104322.jpg

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Looks good. Glad you were able to get it on. Did you have trouble with that bottom bolt?

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
no, you can tell from the design of the new bracket it just slips over, super nice and easy, they(glastron) used a really long bolt on the bottom..., no way of taking the bolt out without pulling pump or the bottom plate off from what i can tell. had this on in about 15 mins including pulling tools out and putting everything away :)

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
That's awesome. A lot easier then when I did the install with mine. You gonna love the difference they make with slow steering.

Bizz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That's awesome. A lot easier then when I did the install with mine. You gonna love the difference they make with slow steering.
Have you noticed any difference in tracking at higher speeds when pulling skiers or wakeboarders? Do they help significantly in those situations?

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
The fins on the thrust vector are spring loaded so when you pick up speed they move up

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
yeah, i haven't had the chance yet to get out to the lake, i'll report in whenever i finally do

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Finally got to take the boat out for about an hour today, the fins felt like they helped a bunch, the boat stayed much straighter over the choppy water and turns where smoother and way more controlled at speed. Although the water was a much calmer today getting up to the dock felt easier, all and all I'm happy with them. I'm planning on going out this Saturday again try out some slalom ski and post update after that.