• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vector install questions for 195S

pnwest93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hello - I recently purchased the thust vector for my 2021 Yamaha 195S and had a few questions/issues that came up during install.

1. In the instructional video, it was advised to put a washer next to the spring to isolate any tension from the reverse bucket. The kit did not include this washer, is it necessary? Additionally, the video mentions puting the factory bushing on at the end of the stack but at that point the whole stack covers all of the threads so I was forced to install without that final washer and factory bushing.

2. At the end when connecting the steering arm, the supplied bolt is a bit too long and will get in the way of the fin lifting up. The video mentions only tightening the bolt so that only 1-2 threads are sticking out to prevent blocking of the fin but in doing so the bolt appears to be very loose/wobblyDD6A5A68-21FC-4FD9-9A14-AD48DD5A3726.jpeg14CA0E86-411B-4AB4-AAE2-D99AC119E47A.jpeg and just hanging there. Was this the intention or would a shorter bolt that I can actually tighten down be better?

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I don’t have my service manual with me but the torque spec for the steering linkage bolt/nut is very very low. If you over tighten it you’ll bend the fork on the linkage.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Rangerusa1111

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just installed on a set of new thrust vectors on Saturday and had the same exact issue. I believe the bolts I received were both the same size on the left and right side. The bushing for the right side was long. I used that and placed a washer on to isolate the spring since that seems essential to isolate the bucket from the spring. I also dId not, could not use the factory bushing since I had no room left on the stack. I went to Home Depot for a washer. I just used the measurement from the tap size Will mentioned in the video for a washer. I think I used size 8 metric.
On the steering I would push up the bottom bolt and tighten up the eye lock until 2-3 threads are shown. The fin should be able to open freely and the kickstand work without hitting on the steering arm.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did not follow directions I think as long as the fin pivot ok I can tighten it as much as I want. See it have enough clearance to pivot pass the bolt 11851F8B-5645-4515-BC9C-1B2977565D0C.jpegD0800F19-B2D0-4B6F-9436-8A986FE8DF20.jpeg

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
1. The single kits come with the 1 3/8" bushings. I called and had a great convo with Will last week on the addendum which uses the shorter bushings for the larger twin boats. I had access to a larger thin washer that fit over the Rt. side longer stainless bushing which I added between the spring and bucket but hindsight, not necessary.

2. I followed the instruction on the video's recommended minimum thread requirements. The gap is a concern, I may make a 3dp washer if this is an issue later on. I didn't ask if the bolt could be installed bolt head up but the video mentions its installed in this orientation for ease of Mx down the road.

That said, I took the boat out this weekend and all I can say is wow. Tracks a straight line now with little to no effort. Tight turning radius. Pretty sweet upgrade.

Last edited:

Rangerusa1111

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the 1 3/8 bushing update. I kind of figured that, but glad You took the time to confirm for us. All your input is good info.